Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
iCyclone Chase: IRENE

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, total surprise: at about 10:45 am, the wind cranked up and hit full throttle within a couple of minutes. It's really ripping right now-- could he the highest winds we've seen in the entire cyclone. It's something between a howl and a full-on scream. The car is bouncing like crazy.

Total surprise. Was not expecting this. Around 10:30 am we had actually dozed in the car a few minutes because we thought the worst of the storm had passed. It was actually the jolting of the car that woke me up. Wow.

Wow, total surprise: at about 10:45 am, the wind cranked up and hit full throttle within a couple of minutes. It's really ripping right now-- could he the highest winds we've seen in the entire cyclone. It's something between a howl and a full-on scream. The car is bouncing like crazy.

Total surprise. Was not expecting this. Around 10:30 am we had actually dozed in the car a few minutes because we thought the worst of the storm had passed. Wow.

:thumbsup:

Total surprise. Was not expecting this. Around 10:30 am we had actually dozed in the car a few minutes because we thought the worst of the storm had passed. It was actually the jolting of the car that woke me up. Wow.

This storm sounds like a present surprise for you ;)

I dont know if you or anyone else can confirm this but there was a report of a sustained 90 mph with gusts to 110 mph on Cedar Island, NC

I wonder if Josh realizes that the storm is deepening and has a better eye now...too bad the flooded roads will make it impossible to catch up.

Yeah, I was laughing a little when people were giving up on this storm this morning, it seems to happen EVERY time. 947 on latest recon pass.

I'm having a blast down here in Hampton Roads- went to the beach and was TOTALLY amazed with 65 mph gusts. Almost as fun as LES bands (Almost)

25+ people on the beach.

Was going to go visit howell, but his house is only 10 ft above sea level. and there's no hill nearby.

Yeah, I was laughing a little when people were giving up on this storm this morning, it seems to happen EVERY time. 947 on latest recon pass.

I was at Morehead City. There seemed to be an extraordinary amount of energy for a cat 1. This one was put together differently than most.

In case anyone following this thread is becoming overly concerned about our guys due to there not being any posts by them for quite awhile, you should know that this has happened, IIRC, every single time I have followed along with an iCyclone chase event.

The power and cellphone services go down, and they go incommunicado. I think there was one event... Dean?, in which we didn't hear from Josh until the next day. Josh knows exctly what he's doing, has tons of experience, and they're fine.

I just talked to some family I have in Beaufort, and they are hearing reports of large commercial fishing boats washing onto land due to the surge where you are and east of there. I don't know how interested you are in shooting aftermath footage, but if you go east once the surge recedes you will probably get footage of the worst damage anywhere.

In case anyone following this thread is becoming overly concerned about our guys due to there not being any posts by them for quite awhile, you should know that this has happened, IIRC, every single time I have followed along with an iCyclone chase event.

The power and cellphone services go down, and they go incommunicado. I think there was one event... Dean?, in which we didn't hear from Josh until the next day. Josh knows exctly what he's doing, has tons of experience, and they're fine.

They're probably sleeping since they have been up and chasing since the middle or the night.

Archived