Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The siege is over..Cool and wet is over till autumn

Damage In Tolland

With high heights like that it would be into the 70's at the least

Maybe for a day or two, verbatim it's not as good as it looks temp-wise. That is a good thing though, for convection. SE Canada low = good. You don't want a pattern of recycling hot air like it's August and September...

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like 55 in Jan (mainly since I am not a fan of cold). It can be kinda nice for a day or two. 55 and drizzle in June is worse IMO. Obviously, I'd rather eat a hand gernade rather than experience 33 and rain.

Both are very close to each other. It's horrible this time of year...makes you want to stay indoors. I don't know how anyone could like this during June.

u think it gets here? It's overcast around these parts.

You have a much better shot than I do. I just ran out to grab something, and a lot of the overcast is higher up...like 4k or 5k. I don't see much in the way of stratus here, so marine influence is a little less right now. Maybe it's just temporary..I don't know, but you may see some more breaks develop.

It was a prefectly agreeable day here in the end. No rain at all from mid morning on and the sun even popped through a few times. Temps responded into the mid/upper 60's and that's just ideal for all outdoor activities. I'm loving this Euro like wx pattern for this week. Now if only I were someplace like Germany (6% unemployment, great infrastructure, etc.) and not in economically depressed Upstate NY ...but you make the best of it...... We have some pretty scenery (trailers/mobile homes/collapsing barns not withstanding) and I'm doing a hike on a rail trail in the Western Catskills tomorrow.

I'm betting I know that area quite well. Where exactly are you hiking?

This past weekend wasn't too bad, as long as you didn't have to mow the lawn. Both Sat. and Sun. had a downpour during the day, but most of the hours were dry. Got enough rain to give the tractors a workout at the local Dairy Fest towing cars out.:scooter:

clearly another episode of above normal departures is about a week away - the extremeness of that unknown.

The teleconnectors drop off in the summer, but the NAO does still have some correlation, although perverted compared to the winter interpretation. That side, there is a general slope upward in the GFS suite and that does argue for operational support (00z). The Euro's idea of no upper level support for a wave on the MA is not going to take place (D9).

I started a thread o9n it..and someone deleted it..noone would own up to who it was. I'll start another so we have a check in and place to discuss and recruit

Ian said he did.

Turned out to be a really great day here, Kev 1 Paul 0.

Partly Sunny

Ian said he did.

Turned out to be a really great day here, Kev 1 Paul 0.

Partly Sunny

Yup...70's and partly/mostly sunny for most of central and Western SNE. All we need is sun this time of year no matter what 850's are..and we'll easily get into the 70's. Much better mood today.

Let's just get thru tomorrow and I think we're home free overall for a very warm and humid summer

Archived