• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The siege is over..Cool and wet is over till autumn

Damage In Tolland

Not sure where to throw banter stuff, but I figure here is as good a place as any. My wife found this story about the monster snow mountain in Framingham.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/framingham/2011/06/snow_pile_lives_on_in_framingh.html

The comments about people not giving a **** are funny.

Combine that with the record snows out west and maybe we're starting a new era of snow lasting year round lol. The snow depths out there are at all time record highs.

http://www.wcc.nrcs....deSWErecord.pdf

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful morning out there, finally looks like we will get a shower in the next 30 minutes, not a single drop over night, looks like down this way we clear out around noon into the afternoon.

MAJOR TORCH INBOUND starting late this weekend, cant wait!

laugh.gif Good luck with that. Perhaps the power of positive thinking will pay off for you.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, will be a welcomed return to more seasonable weather bike.gif

12Z nam is a vast improvement for our weather… 77F in the interior tomorrow, and about 85 with humidity on Thursday. This is quite a bit more optimistic than previous runs.

Global models backed off on the tempo for heat up next week.... could very well be a waver in and out of sights scenario ultimately to come back with better prominence later on this week. I know the teleconnector correlations fall off a good bit in the summer, but the NAO is still showing a staggard rise to above 0.0 SD by D10. It may be that all this is just too early for the vision of the Global models to really hone. We'll see.

Anything is better than this... Frankly, I like the warm humid/cool --> warm humid turn arounds because it keeps the convective canon with ammo.

12Z nam is a vast improvement for our weather… 77F in the interior tomorrow, and about 85 with humidity on Thursday. This is quite a bit more optimistic than previous runs.

Global models backed off on the tempo for heat up next week.... could very well be a waver in and out of sights scenario ultimately to come back with better prominence later on this week. I know the teleconnector correlations fall off a good bit in the summer, but the NAO is still showing a staggard rise to above 0.0 SD by D10. It may be that all this is just too early for the vision of the Global models to really hone. We'll see.

Anything is better than this... Frankly, I like the warm humid/cool --> warm humid turn arounds because it keeps the convective canon with ammo.

Yesterday was a nice warm interlude between hair dryer in tub days..I'd prefer 90/70 then a cooldown to the 70's to near 80/55..then we move a warm front thru at night a day or 2 later.

i like the back and forth..but not when the back is days of 50's and rain in mid June. let's have the back days be 70's-low 80's

Yesterday was a nice warm interlude between hair dryer in tub days..I'd prefer 90/70 then a cooldown to the 70's to near 80/55..then we move a warm front thru at night a day or 2 later.

i like the back and forth..but not when the back is days of 50's and rain in mid June. let's have the back days be 70's-low 80's

yeah, I agree - racking up -20F departures are no fun. warm humid --> cooling ...cycling over is for me means 88/72 with a tornado watch, then 74/54 with cerulean blue skies, followed by elevated nickle hailers with loud nocturnal thunder along the return warm front, ...bust back in, tornado watch..... over and over and over again, and an abrupt end on October 20th, with the earliest winter in history with uninterrupted, non-perverted powder bombs until April 1, ...rinse, repeat.

just think, in an universe of infinites there is a planet some where where they get that -

Not sure where to throw banter stuff, but I figure here is as good a place as any. My wife found this story about the monster snow mountain in Framingham.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/framingham/2011/06/snow_pile_lives_on_in_framingh.html

The comments about people not giving a **** are funny.

AUG snowdumps are still about 15' high with a full layer of "condensed" road sand for cover. I think we make July 4th easy.

What?? LOL.

edit: daytime max departures for yesterday:

BDL -6

BOS -12

ORH -8

PVD -9

AUG snowdumps are still about 15' high with a full layer of "condensed" road sand for cover. I think we make July 4th easy.

You beat my town! Good to know....where are they located BTW? I'm aware of a couple places around the east that do that. I know that Quebec City has a couple that never melt and that you can see them from satellite even in summer.

50's and rain is really not a problem. Other weather conditions are far more vicious. I like this weather.

From my other jobs/careers when I worked in the elements, I would much prefer 50's and rain vs high heat/humidity or below freezing cold/wind

This weather is very good for my current job. Inmates are more mellow/less stinky

Were you planning on hitting the beach in mid-June? Always a risky proposition in SNE.

I had time to burn off, but even 70 and sun is exponentially better than this. Beach would have been nice, but planning on doing some daytrips during the week. Maybe head up your way and towards MPM..Newport winery, and whale watch off PYM. I'm just enjoying being lazy for once...not to mention game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals during this time.

gotcha. i didn't realize you were strictly talking CT and one or two spots in W MA. it was under 70F for most of SNE.

lol he's talking about where ever its been the warmest... BDL tarmac usually. BDL only hit 73F I think and that was the warmest spot around. His house at 1,000ft could not have gotten out of the 60s.

lol he's talking about where ever its been the warmest... BDL tarmac usually. BDL only hit 73F I think and that was the warmest spot around. His house at 1,000ft could not have gotten out of the 60s.

It was sunny /partly cloudy all day yesterday in CT until early evening. It was warm compared to what we had the previous days

It was sunny /partly cloudy all day yesterday in CT until early evening. It was warm compared to what we had the previous days

Yeah I'm not arguing what the "perception" was... I wasn't there... just stating what the temperatures were. If you are usually 6-8F lower than BDL that means you could not have gotten higher than the mid/upper 60s. Still, that would probably feel warm with the sunshine after two days of 50s.

Archived