Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
The siege is over..Cool and wet is over till autumn

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was sunny /partly cloudy all day yesterday in CT until early evening. It was warm compared to what we had the previous days

Yeah, it was not "bad" in the mid afternoon. I think my house got to 64.4 or something.

57.8F in Hubbardston attm (as per mesonet)

Cloudy, pumpkins starting to ripen, squirrels getting fat

meh...still looks mostly cloudy region-wide...and with temps generally in the low 60's, we'll have to agree to disagree on what we classify as a "beautiful" mid-June day. Tomorrow and Thursday on the other hand... sun.gif

you said "good luck" when i said we might clear out, well, we did :P

That doesn't seem excessively warm, lol. I'll take highs in the 70s everyday in June... can throw one 80F day in there, too.

Well....in comparison to the low 50s he's been having it is. It's also average to even slightly above for his locale...so calling it "cool" isn't exactly the truth.

Anyway, the next 2 days= thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. North wind around 9 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming southwest between 5 and 8 mph.

meh...still looks mostly cloudy region-wide...and with temps generally in the low 60's, we'll have to agree to disagree on what we classify as a "beautiful" mid-June day. Tomorrow and Thursday on the other hand... sun.gif

That particular poster is not talking about "region wide". They have supplied a photograph of their skies over their neighborhood - that imagine is the exception rather than the rule, and is a clear violation of the imby-no-no rule.

I agree, regionally, there is no other interpretation off of satellite imagery other than New Englanders getting butt-boned for yet a 4th consecutive day in June.

I think there is some spin that goes on here... well, remove think and replace that with there is, from time to time. Not sure why that is or what advantage it serves, but the subjectivity at times makes me laugh when it is blatently askew from truth. And, that subjectivity comes in other forms... There's that person that has sun for 15 minutes and claims the day is better than it was/is, then there are those that just outright exaggerate.

I think at the end of the day there are a few folks that derive a lot of their positive or negative mood based on certain desired weather conditions/climate, and they post psychologically variant based on whether or not those desires are being fulfilled - like they are almost convincing themselves it is something it is not because they can't face the music.

I dunno - but ... I'm in your camp - today is not really a representative recovery day just yet when considering the region as a whole.

Yeah, it was not "bad" in the mid afternoon. I think my house got to 64.4 or something.

57.8F in Hubbardston attm (as per mesonet)

Cloudy, pumpkins starting to ripen, squirrels getting fat

lol

you should see my front yard, I have two large Oak trees that have some kind of disease and the leaves are falling like its October. I literally have to rake the leaves in my front yard in June.

That particular poster is not talking about "region wide". They have supplied a photograph of their skies over their neighborhood - that imagine is the exception rather than the rule, and is a clear violation of the imby-no-no rule.

I agree, regionally, there is no other interpretation off of satellite imagery other than New Englanders getting butt-boned for yet a 4th consecutive day in June.

I think there is some spin that goes on here... well, remove think and replace that with there is, from time to time. Not sure why that is or what advantage it serves, but the subjectivity at times makes me laugh when it is blatently askew from truth. And, that subjectivity comes in other forms... There's that person that has sun for 15 minutes and claims the day is better than it was/is, then there are those that just outright exaggerate.

I think at the end of the day there are a few folks that derive a lot of their positive or negative mood based on certain desired weather conditions/climate, and they post psychologically variant based on whether or not those desires are being fulfilled - like they are almost convincing themselves it is something it is not because they can't face the music.

I dunno - but ... I'm in your camp - today is not really a representative recovery day just yet when considering the region as a whole.

I know your obviously speaking of me, and I honestly love your posts, they make me laugh, and are very educational and sarcastic all at the same time. No spin, we have had breaks of sun today, not a perfect day, not a beach day, but certainly not a horrible day, had a 20 minute shower this morning and that was it. I try and stay positive and enjoy all weather, and every day I am lucky enough to walk the planet. Sorry to be IMBY. Please forgive me, as we all know your posts always follow forum rules Tip!:thumbsup:

I know your obviously speaking of me, and I honestly love your posts, they make me laugh, and are very educational and sarcastic all at the same time. No spin, we have had breaks of sun today, not a perfect day, not a beach day, but certainly not a horrible day, had a 20 minute shower this morning and that was it. I try and stay positive and enjoy all weather, and every day I am lucky enough to walk the planet. Sorry to be IMBY. Please forgive me, as we all know your posts always follow forum rules Tip!:thumbsup:

What was your high?

I only made it to 64.5F, about -15 departure.

What was your high?

I only made it to 64.5F, about -15 departure.

Its refreshing, and a nice change, I love how this spring/early summer has featured some weather for everyone! some extreme heat, some extreme cool, sun, rain, severe, its been a nice mix.

Looks like two fantastic sunny days coming up tom and thur, and a possible heat wave next week, something for everyone!

lol

you should see my front yard, I have two large Oak trees that have some kind of disease and the leaves are falling like its October. I literally have to rake the leaves in my front yard in June.

Same here. Oak leaves everywhere. I first noticed them coming down June 1 (severe day) and I thought it was from the winds. Plenty of leaves have come down each day. Trees don't seem stressed though

Got up to 59 here. Back down to 57.

really? only 59? that seems low, i spent the whole day outside, and a little bit either side of lunchtime there were nice long breaks of sun...it felt like it hit the uppers 60s...i was thinking of changing into shorts and a shortsleeve shirt...but i waited too long and eventually the clouds took over...it was a great day for outdoor work- absolutely perfect!!!

haha, I actually really wasn't having you - per se - in mind. But the conversation gave a nice avenue to vent. I was, admittedly though, having fun smacking your hand at the beginning.

That said, the 12z Euro has an AWEsome implication for high heat and house-sucker tornadoes that will be obolished in tonights run but only after Wiz' has been sufficiently all lubed up with hope ....:thumbsup:

And I never go buy established guidelines and protocols -

really? only 59? that seems low, i spent the whole day outside, and a little bit either side of lunchtime there were nice long breaks of sun...it felt like it hit the uppers 60s...i was thinking of changing into shorts and a shortsleeve shirt...but i waited too long and eventually the clouds took over...it was a great day for outdoor work- absolutely perfect!!!

If you were in the direct sunshine, then it probably was in the mid or upper 60s. But temperature is not allowed to be taken in the direct sunlight.

Here's KORH:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KORH.html

Here the mesonet station just to my north and a bit lower down:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMAJEFFE1

Wow at the 18z NAM run ...

It puts the entire region under a Severe Perfect Weather Watch for Wednesday.

BOS:

24000585639 -0402 090607 55191104

30000586234 01099 092107 57201506

36000735534 -0799 102416 59171506

42000575043 -0800 102910 60211608

48000416037 -1498 102506 62261808

...There is nothing I'd like more than a tedius romp through all these FRH numbers in a torturous migraine of menutiatic detail that will glaze eyes and not be understood anyway, but ...I'm not going to do that.

I will say though that it haas the wind flipping from NE to SW at BOS (Logan) sometime between 18 and 00z. That interesting because that typically does not happen. But...if it did, temperature spike on the coastal plain. That said, LGA and ALB both are 24C at 980mb level, which is rule of thum about 27 in the 2-meter layer. That kind of air mass will be into HFD-FIT and maybe BED, too, and that would be interesting to see that flood to the beaches late in the day on a wind going SW.

Now, the next day has 26C at 980mb at 18z for BOS (Logan) ...probably maxing around 27C at, which is about 30...maybe 31C in the 2-meter by rule of thumb. Wind is 250 degrees so just S of due west. That's actually a fairly hot summery day right there for much of the area.

fungal

I have a giant 5 pronged Oak right in the front of the house that dropped about 1/2 it's leaves just as they were opening..They were pretty much black and curled up. So the tree (5 trees in 1 really) is about half foliated with full leaves and half not. It's weird how it only happened to one of the thousands of Oaks in the yard

Well, i should probably post more. I don't seem to fit the bar scene though I'm not quick at the joke comebacks.

57F here now.. Cool in my apt. Low stratus.

You don't have to fit into a bar scene or be quick and witty. We're all here for our love and passion for weather.

We like your obs and stuff..even the pics of your girlfriend in mink coats.

Just stay on the board and enjoy the board..it's the only board you've got

Archived