wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The siege is over..Cool and wet is over till autumn

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see a few strong, perhaps brief severe storms just to the west of CT today...latest SREF actually hits the potential fairly hard and does develop modest instability, certainly enough given shear values in place. Some of these storms could work into western MA/CT, however, given how we will be quite stable any convection would become elevated rather quickly.

Must have been a nightmare living there before a/c......

When I was a young child, I remember going with my parents driving to Florida one summer in the early 1950s. Some of the hotels/motels including the one we stayed in Miami did not have a/c!

Still some doubt ..but overnight modles shoved the warm front farther north and have areas south of the Pike warm sectoring with dews getting well up into the 60's.

MAy have issues with clouds..and how early we clear out..but the potential is there

usmap.jpg

That must have been cool...pre I-95. The old America with Mom n Pop motels dominating, etc. all the way down the coast..I guess on US-1.

Even as a kid we had the NYS Thruway and Mass Pike (for Cape Cod vacations), but I recall we almost always stayed at local motor courts etc. Maybe very occasionally a HoJo's.

When I was a young child, I remember going with my parents driving to Florida one summer in the early 1950s. Some of the hotels/motels including the one we stayed in Miami did not have a/c!

Archived