• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The siege is over..Cool and wet is over till autumn

Damage In Tolland

There isn't really an "official" criteria for high end severe wx that I'm aware of, but from what I understand its generally considered to be hail greater than 2" which is larger than golfballs, straight line winds >70mph, or any strong tornadoes (EF2 or greater I think?).

That's correct I believe.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely sure many of us getting into the warm sector. Maybe PVD-PYM have the best shot, but it's a little sketchy.

I honestly have doubts there quite a bit actually... Now seeing the NAM smash the boundary even more S is fitting actually.... Probably going to have to suck it up as a bad weekend day of east component schits -

although, elevated instabillity could make for some orange lightning here and there.

I honestly have doubts there quite a bit actually... Now seeing the NAM smash the boundary even more S is fitting actually.... Probably going to have to suck it up as a bad weekend day of east component schits -

although, elevated instabillity could make for some orange lightning here and there.

It's a pretty strong s/w so yeah...could be some elevated sizzle. Just not sure how far north the front gets. Could be one of those 65/60 days north of the front? Not bone chilling....but perhaps a bit humid.

Are the maps generated from NCEP and the ones generated from UCAR done in a different resolution size or something? NCEP shows sfc low at 1008mb while UCAR is 1005mb

They look the same to me. The NCAR map bothers to list the lowest pressure inside the last contour, the NCEP map doesn't.The NCEP map just lists the final contour, but not the lowest pressure inside that 1008mb contour.

Yesterday may not have been high end severe, but combining the night before and yesterday evening, there were enough power lines down to bring crews in from as far as Ohio to help get power restored to thousands of people in SNE. Combine that with last week's tornadoes, and it's been a hell of a ride in SNE so far.

Front will be stalled NYC/Newark area and just south of LI Saturday night and Sunday until cut-off takes it out of here and replaces it with cloudy and light rain for days with cut-off low parkded over LI and New England through Wednesday. The warmfront is not clearing NYC and LI with high in perfect position to block front from coming north. Try to argue this one. NAM is highest resolution and very accurate in the 0-36 hour time period.

Front will be stalled NYC/Newark area and just south of LI Saturday night and Sunday until cut-off takes it out of here and replaces it with cloudy and light rain for days with cut-off low parkded over LI and New England through Wednesday. The warmfront is not clearing NYC and LI with high in perfect position to block front from coming north. Try to argue this one. NAM is highest resolution and very accurate in the 0-36 hour time period.

LOL...WTF :unsure:

Time to pick another hobby...Mike

I'm not quite sure about the Pike. As of now, I don't really see it. Maybe it gets to your hood, but looks rather crummy. I could see maybe BDL-PVD-GHG on south possibly having a shot I guess.

I don't mean a nice day..Maybe clouds/ showers early /sunny breaks midday/pm non severe storm..then sunny and 70's with some PM clouds mixed in Mon_tues..before torch comes back end of week

I don't mean a nice day..Maybe clouds/ showers early /sunny breaks midday/pm non severe storm..then sunny and 70's with some PM clouds mixed in Mon_tues..before torch comes back end of week

If I can get some sun..that would be great. I wouldn't rule that out...I'm just not sure about warm southerly winds going that far north.

Archived