Newest Member
    Toothache
UPDATED! Contest, Heat Wave part Deux: DCA/IAD, W/T/F Highs

Deck Pic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much love for the triple-digits :(

Well, I went ahead and edited my forecast up a bit for Wednesday and Thursday -- could have gone higher, but I figured I'm already the highest on those days so it's like a bid of one dollar more than the highest forecast on Price of Right. Lowered Friday a bit because it looks like clouds and showers to me.

I think DC'ers are underestimating this airmass. Minneapolis has already reached 102 (and it may yet go up up a degree or two) -- the hottest there since 1988. 1988, of course, was a record-breaking drought so the heat was helped out by the dryness. This year, to the contrary, featured one of the wettest springs on record in the midwest... it's just this airmass is HOT. I can't wait to see what it produces as it comes crashing down the east slopes of the Apps tomorrow.

Well, I went ahead and edited my forecast up a bit for Wednesday and Thursday -- could have gone higher, but I figured I'm already the highest on those days so it's like a bid of one dollar more than the highest forecast on Price of Right. Lowered Friday a bit because it looks like clouds and showers to me.

I think DC'ers are underestimating this airmass. Minneapolis has already reached 102 (and it may yet go up up a degree or two) -- the hottest there since 1988. 1988, of course, was a record-breaking drought so the heat was helped out by the dryness. This year, to the contrary, featured one of the wettest springs on record in the midwest... it's just this airmass is HOT. I can't wait to see what it produces as it comes crashing down the east slopes of the Apps tomorrow.

It might be a tossup that we can hit 100+ one day... should be close. If it happens would be the first back-to-back years with 100+ in June since 1933-34. Both the 30-yr and full record avg for June 100+ is 0.1 at DCA.

It might be a tossup that we can hit 100+ one day... should be close. If it happens would be the first back-to-back years with 100+ in June since 1933-34. Both the 30-yr and full record avg for June 100+ is 0.1 at DCA.

not to mention 850s were like +24C in southern MN today and you have some compressional heating ahead of the front. looks like the highest we get is 20-21C or so. thurs is actually a bit cooler at 850 it seems but more westerly component probably cancels it out.

WED

DCA: 97

IAD: 96

THU

DCA: 98

IAD: 98

FRI

DCA: 94

IAD: 92

MOS has been consistently higher at IAD than DCA so I'm not so sure (might have overanalyzed this one after a poor performance in the low contest) .. I wanted to go with 100 somewhere but I can't. :(

WED

DCA: 97

IAD: 96

THU

DCA: 98

IAD: 98

FRI

DCA: 94

IAD: 92

MOS has been consistently higher at IAD than DCA so I'm not so sure (might have overanalyzed this one after a poor performance in the low contest) .. I wanted to go with 100 somewhere but I can't. :(

I know, but I dont trust it....IAD runs low.....

Archived