Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
UPDATED! Contest, Heat Wave part Deux: DCA/IAD, W/T/F Highs

Deck Pic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yesterday we went to east wind then switched right back, we all thought DCA would just fall short of 100 then boom.

Only difference is today we have a weak mesolow in SE VA which is just enough to keep winds out of the E/NE up this way, so they shouldn't switch back until after peak heating.

Only difference is today we have a weak mesolow in SE VA which is just enough to keep winds out of the E/NE up this way, so they shouldn't switch back until after peak heating.

Thats true Mark, there could be some intrahour action like Ian said or maybe we could really just get lucky, I think 94/91 will be the highs respectively. congrats ohsnow.

If it is 93 and 91, you, mapgirl and I should get bonus points for nailing the forecast dead-on from 3 days out. :)

i've done that in the past.. not a bad idea. i think with 20-30 people in a contest you might need some extras to ensure a winner and/or make it a little more difficult--especially with heat where we're all going to end up grouped really close in most cases.

i've done that in the past.. not a bad idea. i think with 20-30 people in a contest you might need some extras to ensure a winner and/or make it a little more difficult--especially with heat where we're all going to end up grouped really close in most cases.

agreed...for next weekend's heat wave, I'll throw in an accuracy bonus...it shouldn't be fluky though....it still needs to reflect quality forecasting

agreed...for next weekend's heat wave, I'll throw in an accuracy bonus...it shouldn't be fluky though....it still needs to reflect quality forecasting

i thought we were done with heat for the yr? :P

it could even be small.. like if you get it on the nose you get a free pt departure or something. im not sure the best way to do it.. wont dictate if not running. ;)

i thought we were done with heat for the yr? :P

it could even be small.. like if you get it on the nose you get a free pt departure or something. im not sure the best way to do it.. wont dictate if not running. ;)

This is kind of guesswork-ish but with the south and central US in such a drought, I don't see how we don't get heat ridges that spill hot air into the region....we could end up in the low 90s tomorrow and Sunday as well...

gfs_500_180l.gif

Archived