Newest Member
    Dump Trump
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dews near 70 now. Swamp day.

Sun burst through here in Ayer about 20 minutes ago... About a 5F T response in that short time span since. Yes, highest combination of heat and dew points this warm season to date takes place this afternoon.

Then, if you believe the NAM, that's it. No more. No heat for Tuesday or Wednesday over most of eastern Mass this week despite the synoptic overview leading.

Firstly, I think we can put the Sonoran heat assault idea to bed on this. Typically for these we see the pocket of H850 airs over the Lakes region the day before; we have that per the 00z ECM, but it never gets here. It was said all along that it would come down to the shorter terms for certitude regarding having that. Alas - nuances appear more in control. The pattern did support the idea but the ridge - I think - is verifying somewhat smaller in scale, and not allowing the conveyor to establish well enough.

Secondly, this is a bizarre handling underneath this ridge. We don't normally see fronts set up like the NAM has insisted across the last 7 cycles, but particularly setting them up with rising heights and 0 support aloft. I am still a bit flummoxed to understand where the kinematics are coming from for doing this - but it will verify it seems. The model was right about the MCS drilling an identity in the troposphere and manufacturing a vorticity maximum (S/W) - hell they gotta come from somewhere. There may be something to that; but still the height rise aloft through late Tuesday and the front suppresses S during that time, is an unexpected result just the same.

Be that as it may, there are some late minute detail differences coming from the global models too. The 06z GFS, for example, decided to turn-coat after about 20 runs... and never brings the 588dm height contour N of BOS. That subtle variance may also be deterministic in "shunting" the typical high heat BL and flow through the area, farther S.

Lastly, the runs recently have backed off on the magnitude of the cool down - certainly the time length. The last couple three cycles of the d GFS has heights nearly as high returning to us over next weekend. The runs of the ECM yesterday somewhat supported this, too - although the 00z showed some continuity break there. Anyway, that may be good for setting up thundery intervals for us.

My view of it is slanted because I was outside doing physical work in it for two days straight. The humidity and bugs FTL. If I was lazing around enjoying the holiday weekend maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Today I'm inside working on my cases for this week so not much holiday for me...but got a BBQ at my sister's this evening then taking the kids out for soft ice cream.

Hazy (mostly) sunny skies and 78 at 11:25 AM.

I don't think I'll see 90 at all this year. Maybe once. I haven't found this weather that bad honestly. all the 'torch' talk and yet I've only hit 80 once this month (81).

I don't really get the totally bald look. If I still had 80% hair coverage of my scap...I'd prefer that to 0%. LOL All I know is I hate shaving my face so I couldn't deal with shaving my whole head.

On days like this I am almost jealous of Kevin's lack of hair... almost...

Might even turn on the AC units for the first time this season... not so bad yet...

Deck screenhouse all installed. We keep the frame up over the winter and we ordered a new canvas top and screens from Target and the new one is almost Army green.... sweet

74.8F/69F

On days like this I am almost jealous of Kevin's lack of hair... almost...

Might even turn on the AC units for the first time this season... not so bad yet...

Deck screenhouse all installed. We keep the frame up over the winter and we ordered a new canvas top and screens from Target and the new one is almost Army green.... sweet

74.8F/69F

Man do I miss 49* and rain.

parade was awesome, sun came out around 1015.

Now full sun, haze and humid...........temps are rocketing, today is our torch by the beach, this weather is incredible! Hopefully we can make a run at 90 this afternoon, time for the beach :thumbsup:

Absolute perfect mem day weekend

Man do I miss 49* and rain.

Me too. With this weather I am forced to do outdoor work... digging trimming, mowing.

At least when it is cold and rainy I can use the excuse...

Doing the hedges later on. Yuck

Tested the AC units I installed today. All work fine except the one in my bedroom that has a faulty panel. Only way to turn it off is to unplug it... Guess I will just let it run until September :arrowhead:

May and June are really rough if you live on acreage with upkeep, lawn mowing etc. I dread it each year, but alas things slow up a lot in July....

Me too. With this weather I am forced to do outdoor work... digging trimming, mowing.

At least when it is cold and rainy I can use the excuse...

Doing the hedges later on. Yuck

Tested the AC units I installed today. All work fine except the one in my bedroom that has a faulty panel. Only way to turn it off is to unplug it... Guess I will just let it run until September :arrowhead:

My view of it is slanted because I was outside doing physical work in it for two days straight. The humidity and bugs FTL. If I was lazing around enjoying the holiday weekend maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Today I'm inside working on my cases for this week so not much holiday for me...but got a BBQ at my sister's this evening then taking the kids out for soft ice cream.

Hazy (mostly) sunny skies and 78 at 11:25 AM.

I'm out in it everyday pretty much. Coping mechanisms FTW. In this weather I drink an inordinate amount of water and daydream about cold chairlift rides.lol I had a meeting scheduled today but it was mercifully cancelled at the last minute so I've been doing yard work in the sun and it is a bit muggy but it's good to get a sweat going.

Doesn't that long hair get hot in the Summer? ;)

Eh, only if I don't pull it back.

May and June are really rough if you live on acreage with upkeep, lawn mowing etc. I dread it each year, but alas things slow up a lot in July....

Man, you aren't kidding, I just mowed and it's ready again. The weeds in the vegetable garden are trying to get a toe hold but I am savagely yanking them as soon as they show themselves.

Fwiw- the 12z ...well, going back to the 00z for that matter, NAM runs are as of 18z busting too cool on the coastal plain, particularly from BOS and points N. Nearing 90 in S/SE NH as the PD meso analysis also demonstrates...

The FRH grid shows the winds should have cut E sooner, and begun the backdoor's incursion ...building momentum nearing nightfall and into the CT Valley area if things had held. Not sure what the significance of the wind still being 340degrees at Logan and now 86F, but it is a cool bias nonetheless that only grows should the wind resist veering.

Currently, hi resolution imagery shows the dying MCS and attendant potent meso-beta scaled S/W ....manufactured per thermodynamic course, pulling away, and the appearance earlier of frontalysis across the southern tier of NY is all but abolished. It may yet be possible that the NAM was overly involved with this feature's ability to exercise on the synoptics; it is not hard to visualize that clear mlv rotation having the effect of driving some kind of boundary down the coast in modelology.

Currently the wind at BOS is light, so an eventual cut E is likely ...or would be surprising if that did not happen prior to 4pm. Even if so, the cool profiling is crashing pretty hard at this time. It's probably right around 86-89 or 90 over 67 across a lot of interior NE Mass away from the NWS Sites by 5pm - a circumstance that's always puzzled me about SNE is that the hottest temperatures seem to never coincide with the climo locations. Haha. Unless it's ASH...

lol you guys are crazy if you prefer 49F and rain to days like today...unless of course you don't have ac.

I was out in this must of the day and while its humid, its still better then rain and dreary. Up to 88.4 with a dew of 66. It will be nice to have dews back in the 50s tomorrow for school, however.

I'm getting into summer mode now...with a pool and ac I kind of would rather it be like this then dry 70s...

Archived