gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, you guys have a temporary pass and this is all you come up with?lol Still knocking the trout dead? What's the Blue Ribbon winner so far this year?

Dude I just got home from RI, long day of um sightseeing and cold ones. Yea got 5 more this morning, tops this year 2.5Lb brownie and a 19 inch rainbow.

Dude I just got home from RI, long day of um sightseeing and cold ones. Yea got 5 more this morning, tops this year 2.5Lb brownie and a 19 inch rainbow.

Nice. Just jabbin ya. I've been out very little as compared to normal. Still, have had a few good evenings. One of the kids that works for me took a nice Salmon (14lbs) last week at Stockbridge Bowl. Still fishing from the boat with shiners.

Nice. Just jabbin ya. I've been out very little as compared to normal. Still, have had a few good evenings. One of the kids that works for me took a nice Salmon (14lbs) last week at Stockbridge Bowl. Still fishing from the boat with shiners.

Sweet, going striper fishing tomorrow, bunker are in Norwich Harbor, nice 30-38 inch fish being caught.

Where?

Well CT had two :lol:

Granted though one of them was a landspout that came from just a strong shower, it lasted for like 5 seconds destroying someones shed in Somers. This was May 29th I think.

The other one was just a few days prior, forgot where this one was, Bethel maybe but it was an EF1 I think.

Well CT had two :lol:

Granted though one of them was a landspout that came from just a strong shower, it lasted for like 5 seconds destroying someones shed in Somers. This was May 29th I think.

The other one was just a few days prior, forgot where this one was, Bethel maybe but it was an EF1 I think.

Yes... Newtown and Bethel.

Yes... Newtown and Bethel.

May 16, 2007: Just three months after the switch to the Enhanced Fujita Scale for rating tornadoes, a skipping tornado, rated EF1, tracked 4 to 5 miles (6 to 8 km) from Bethel to Newtown. Widespread wind damage also affected other parts of the state.

May 28, 2007: An EF0 landspout damaged the roof of a barn in Somers, on an otherwise calm day.

72.3/67 at 11PM.

Disgusting wx, unless you have an ac and pool. :)

Surprised it's that warm at your elevation and latitude.

It's still nasty here, 71.3/69, hate these muggy nights, worst part of summer. I intensely dislike AC but threw the wall unit in last night, couldn't take the heat building up anymore.

I have to go into the City on Tuesday. It's gonna be a steamy ugly situation there. But I want to get it behind me for the week...then later in the week I have work in Scranton, PA and it looks much nicer then.....

Surprised it's that warm at your elevation and latitude.

It's still nasty here, 71.3/69, hate these muggy nights, worst part of summer. I intensely dislike AC but threw the wall unit in last night, couldn't take the heat building up anymore.

NWS UPTON has now taken any heat out of the forecast here, high of 79 now on Tuesday! Perfect weather continues :thumbsup::guitar:

Happy Memorial Day folks. Fell tenths of a * short of 80 so far this weekend. Calling for low 80's today. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say we do torch to that. Forecast does have us reach "mid-80's" for Wednesdays highs, then highs in the 70's the rest of the forecast. One helluva way to run a torch.

64.4/64

Happy Memorial Day folks. Fell tenths of a * short of 80 so far this weekend. Calling for low 80's today. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say we do torch to that. Forecast does have us reach "mid-80's" for Wednesdays highs, then highs in the 70's the rest of the forecast. One helluva way to run a torch.

64.4/64

65/64, LOL! The Big Bad Blizz Torch, like so many others before it, is much ado about nothing. Forecast high of 83 today then 80 then 70's. Box has been spot on with temps here lately. Actually, they are almost always within a degree or two. Yestrerday they forecast a high of 78 and lo and behold the high was 78. I think the theme of the summer will be under-performing heat. Comfortable.

65/64, LOL! The Big Bad Blizz Torch, like so many others before it, is much ado about nothing. Forecast high of 83 today then 80 then 70's. Box has been spot on with temps here lately. Actually, they are almost always within a degree or two. Yestrerday they forecast a high of 78 and lo and behold the high was 78. I think the theme of the summer will be under-performing heat. Comfortable.

As much as I hate heat, this is all well above average for this time of year. We are torching. Its not June yet and 80F highs says we are torching. Thankfully we had some good cold weather earlier this month to offset this ugliness.

As much as I hate heat, this is all well above average for this time of year. We are torching. Its not June yet and 80F highs says we are torching. Thankfully we had some good cold weather earlier this month to offset this ugliness.

Be that as it may, it has struggled to hit 80 here (yesterday for instance remained in the 70's). As you know I'm not a fan of the heat either but temps around 80 just don't inflict much pain. While it may be true that it is warmer than normal it certainly isn't the "torch to end all torches".The forecast highs for the Mon/Wed period have been rolled back consistently as we got closer to verification time. The end of the week looks quite nice.

Be that as it may, it has struggled to hit 80 here (yesterday for instance remained in the 70's). As you know I'm not a fan of the heat either but temps around 80 just don't inflict much pain. While it may be true that it is warmer than normal it certainly isn't the "torch to end all torches".The forecast highs for the Mon/Wed period have been rolled back consistently as we got closer to verification time. The end of the week looks quite nice.

Well the sun angle starts decreasing in less than 4 weeks. We have that going for us.

Archived