northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

68 out there at this hour..... No T storms around at all tonight. I had a day with the dirt and the worms - finally doing the garden.

Good to hear you got the garden in.

I spotted the first fruit on one of my tomato plants. They all have blossoms, but this is the first tomato I've seen so far. I am expecting a great crop this season if the warm weather continues, garden has just been exploding lately with 80F and sunny every day.

I'd normally plant around May 15, but it was just a swamp around here and by the time I got in there today it was an ugly job getting all the weeds out and turning it all over, raking etc.

I spotted the first fruit on one of my tomato plants. They all have blossoms, but this is the first tomato I've seen so far. I am expecting a great crop this season if the warm weather continues, garden has just been exploding lately with 80F and sunny every day.

Sam, did you get the Hollings Scholarship? Are you hanging out with Jake? (Lokoaco on the board)

I'm here for an REU program through CAPS, but yeah, Jake is living one floor below me! lol

I got Hollings for next year, so I have to fly to DC tomorrow morning for the week orientation, then I'm back in OK until July 30th

I'd normally plant around May 15, but it was just a swamp around here and by the time I got in there today it was an ugly job getting all the weeds out and turning it all over, raking etc.

Yeah you have to wait a long time to pass the last frost at that elevation.

I planted almost all my tomatoes from April 20-30, and now they are in bloom with fruits starting to appear. My eggplants and peppers also have some flowers.

We have a few different tomato plants going. One is a potted one on a hanger, and it has blossoms. A few others are in pots and are growing inches per day. Some more are in a raised bed and are doing "meh"...

Pumpkin plants going ape-shyt

We have a few different tomato plants going. One is a potted one on a hanger, and it has blossoms. A few others are in pots and are growing inches per day. Some more are in a raised bed and are doing "meh"...

Pumpkin plants going ape-shyt

Yeah I have a nice variety...some hybrid beefsteaks, cherries, grape tomatoes, Lemon Boy (yellow strain), Early Girl. Also have a few heirlooms such as Dr. Wyche's, Moonglow, and Cherokee Purple which I raised from seeds. I like to plant a bunch of hybrids as early as possible so that I can have tomatoes coming in by early July, and then wait for the slower-growing heirloom species to produce the really delicious ones later in the summer. I would also say the ones I have in pots are doing best; the soil temperatures warm so much faster in a container. Overall, though, my garden is doing particularly well this season with the sunny days and mild nights...still 70.8F here at 9:40pm! I have lots of squashes as well, everything from yellow squash to zucchini to Marina de Chioggia winter squash, and they're all growing rapidly.

LOL, hope the ac in the truck is working.

Oh, it's working. I have to be driving to reap the benefits, though. Unfortunately, I've spent the last four days working in the trailer, which does not have A/C. Quite the opposite, actually..

I did have a cool-looking T-storm go by a mile or so to the west yesterday. A couple of potted plants blew over in front of the motel while I was staring at the sky like an idiot.

AWT

BOTH THE GFS/ECMWF HAVE BACKED OFF ON HOW MUCH COOLER IT WILL GET IN

THE AIR MASS BEHIND THE FRONT. THEY HAVE ALSO FORECAST THAT THE

UPPER LOW MOVING ACROSS SOUTHERN CANADA WILL NOT DROP AS FAR SOUTH

AS EARLIER RUNS INDICATED

It's over after Wednesday.

Is there any sleep better than after the first day at the beach getting cooked by the sun.? What a classic weekend shaping up, NWS Upton forecasting 78 and partly sunny today, another perfect beach day! Next week looks absolutely beautiful, 70s and dry end of next week.

Best Spring Ever Rolls On, chuga chuga chooooooo choooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:sun: :sun: :sun:

Archived