joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recurving Typhoon rule works in summer too.

No.. haha, it doesn't. It can't. The reason that works in the winter is because the R-wave lengths situates ridges and troughs conserving for the latent heat flux from the delivery of the tropical system into the westerlies. But the wave lengths in the summer are less than half those of winter in a relaxed nebular summer flow, and subtropical ridges also force the split Hadley Cell, which means above about 35 N there is almost no impact.

That recurve thing works from mid autum through mid winter pretty much exclusively. The NAO taking another nadir over the next week or two happened well prior to any wave dispersion from that system, and therefore is rooted in another cause.

Someone better change the title of this thread. First, dates are wrong. Second--where the hell was the inferno? lol

It will be uncomortable today I suppose with the mid-80's forecasted. But the scorching high of around 60* forecasted tomorrow looks great for early June.

59.4/57 here at the Pit. Hoping for a storm to make todays discomferture worthwhile.

Someone better change the title of this thread. First, dates are wrong. Second--where the hell was the inferno? lol

It will be uncomortable today I suppose with the mid-80's forecasted. But the scorching high of around 60* forecasted tomorrow looks great for early June.

59.4/57 here at the Pit. Hoping for a storm to make todays discomferture worthwhile.

Move to the new June thread silly!

Our central a/c has to be turned on and the outside unit uncovered. I decided it was too early to send any excess $'s to National Grid's coffers. So I'm putting up with this modest semi-torch and we probably won't even need the a/c again for awhile. Last year I had it on about 21 days cumulatively at some point and I'll use it for the Summer's true heatwaves...not into martyrdom. ;)

Yesterday it his 84.4 here after a low of 54...that doesn't warrant a/c.

I was in NYC and it was a hot day, but not intense heat by their standards. A sea breeze came in and made it pretty nice there in the early evening.

I did. It was off most of the night though with the energy saver on. Once it cooled off, it stayed off. My room gets pretty warm no matter what the temp so it doesn't take much for me to turn it on.

Archived