Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today From Dan Johnson in Mt.

I might be moving to Montana soon gonna be a dental floss tycoon, raising it up waxing it down.

Yup, nice deformation from the low across MT, even the prairie stations like Havre are stuck in the 40s:

They always get hammered in spring/early summer with cut-offs over the Plains.

Not too bad with the dewpoints today, but could definitely use about 10F off them. The airmass behind the front later this week looks amazing. Highs in the 70s with low humidity and perhaps near 50F at night.

Tomorrow should be very comfortable. Dew points drop... lots of sun... mid 80s or so.

Some mesoscale dewpoint pooling should keep the dews into the mid 60's in Tolland.

It doesn't matter, he uses BDL in the summer to verify his heat fetish. Then tries to use ORH in the winter as his snow/cold equivalent. The conditions in Tolland are largely irrelevant to his posts.

It doesn't matter, he uses BDL in the summer to verify his heat fetish. Then tries to use ORH in the winter as his snow/cold equivalent. The conditions in Tolland are largely irrelevant to his posts.

Lol.

81.1/62 off a high of 81.8. Warmer than preferred, but an unbearable torch? Nah--not by any standard known to man.

best post of the day

We should make a poll on which forecast bust this spring has been the worst for Kevin. Some good candidates are obviously his famous warm/muggy week that was probably one of the worst weather weeks (cold and rainy) we've had since 2005, his forecast for today to be a better thunderstorm day than Wednesday, or perhaps his guarantee to weatherwiz that dewpoints on the models last week showing mid 50s were wrong and they'd be in the 60s claiming that the models under estimate dewpoints when its actually usually the other way around.

Since he always tries to get us on our calls, we need to nail him while he is having a horrific spring.

We should make a poll on which forecast bust this spring has been the worst for Kevin. Some good candidates are obviously his famous warm/muggy week that was probably one of the worst weather weeks (cold and rainy) we've had since 2005, his forecast for today to be a better thunderstorm day than Wednesday, or perhaps his guarantee to weatherwiz that dewpoints on the models last week showing mid 50s were wrong and they'd be in the 60s claiming that the models under estimate dewpoints when its actually usually the other way around.

Since he always tries to get us on our calls, we need to nail him while he is having a horrific spring.

What about last July's heat wave when he was convinced BDL would have two or three 80+ low (which all would have been all-time record low maxes).

What about last July's heat wave when he was convinced BDL would have two or three 80+ low (which all would have been all-time record low maxes).

Oh yeah that was a classic one, I was just listing this spring's predictions, but he had some good ones last summer. He had a lot of "looks like we get a huge squall line" predictions last summer too that never panned out. He had some sort of fetish for squall lines, we'll have to see if he pulls that out again this summer. 2009 was a pretty bad one too as he kept saying the huge heat waves were right around the corner, but they never came. I always felt like we never got on him enough for that year...that was coming off his bad winter too where he got on you for not forecasting 12-18" in the March 1-2, 2009 system, lol...and before that guaranteeing that Jan 3rd, 2009 would be a huge event when I was saying to focus on New Years Eve. We let 2009 slip through cracks too much on him.

Oh yeah that was a classic one, I was just listing this spring's predictions, but he had some good ones last summer. He had a lot of "looks like we get a huge squall line" predictions last summer too that never panned out. He had some sort of fetish for squall lines, we'll have to see if he pulls that out again this summer. 2009 was a pretty bad one too as he kept saying the huge heat waves were right around the corner, but they never came. I always felt like we never got on him enough for that year...that was coming off his bad winter too where he got on your for not forecasting 12-18" in the March 1-2, 2009 system, lol...and before that guaranteeing that Jan 3rd, 2009 would be a huge event when I was saying to focus on New Years Eve. We let 2009 slip through cracks too much on him.

Kevin does well during extreme/anomalous weather. For example Dec 15-Feb 1 he was OK this year because every storm overproduced (though I did kick his ass on the Dec 26 blizzard when he was convinced heavier snow was just around the corner).

86/67

WHAT A DAY ON THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It truly has been a perfect 3 day weekend, we are very blessed as a nation, I as a man, and all of us as Americans.

Weather all weeks looks amazing, even some dry stuff coming in towards thursday, that will feel great always good to mix things up. We are bronzed by the sun, kids are beached out, exhausted which is awesome! One last Holiday BBQ then back to reality. I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy this continuation of "Best Spring Ever" weather.........

Viva Life!:thumbsup:

76/62, a high of 79, dp's seem to have dropped a bit. Just played 9 and it's really quite perfect out. I'll post pics in the golf thread later.

No wonder you don't need AC there. When its 87 here your only 76 lol. So your hottest days in a year are a few in the mid/upper 80s...except for last summer where you experienced 90 for the fist time.

It got a little hot today, but nothing too brutal. My dews actually fell into the mid 40s at one point this afternoon. It's now into the low 70s with a pleasant NW breeze.

BAF and FIT both hit 90F for sure. CON fell just short again with 89F. HFD, MHT, ORE, and ASH all had 89F obs so we'll have to wait ~25mins for the 00z 6hr maxes to come out to see if they hit 90F in between hours.

It looks like quite refreshing for Thu & Fri now with mid single digit 850s...maybe 60s up here and 70s for you guys. It's probably wrong as usual, but the 84hr NAM drops my 850s down to -1C Thu night. Some breezy 40s at night would be nice.

Sweet!

Montana might be the place for you, Pete. Love that northern forest of withered spruces and aspen, tons of snow into the summer months as well.

Don't know if this was the case in SNE, but the heat underperformed here seriously...only got to 84.7F when everyone had 90s yesterday in the forecast. Humidity is just brutal though, low was 69.6F last night and it's currently 81.3/73.

Montana might be the place for you, Pete. Love that northern forest of withered spruces and aspen, tons of snow into the summer months as well.

Don't know if this was the case in SNE, but the heat underperformed here seriously...only got to 84.7F when everyone had 90s yesterday in the forecast. Humidity is just brutal though, low was 69.6F last night and it's currently 81.3/73.

I would say it slightly underperformed. NWS had region wide low 90s except for the coast. Most stations hit 88-90 range....with of course an 85F at the 1,000ft ORH.

Oh and not to mention the 79 high for Pete and 82 high for MPM lol.

I would say it slightly underperformed. NWS had region wide low 90s except for the coast. Most stations hit 88-90 range....with of course an 85F at the 1,000ft ORH.

I was surprised that we only made 85F with 850s close to 20C, but the morning MCS held off the heat some. Also, winds were straight W, we tend to warm faster when there's a northerly component so we get downsloping off the Catskills.

Archived