• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

4 distinct air masses today along and N of RT 2.... It dawned in murk and cool at 63F... Sky broke and the temp soared to 77F, then we had thunder and cooled it to 71/71... felt gross. That lingered for about 1 and a half hours along with a feeble east wind and some sun. But suddenly, about 30 minutes ago, the wind came in from the SW and the temp has spiked to 81F It seems pretty clear a front has been vacillating through the area, now as a warm front retreating N.

I may be an excruciatingly tedious nerd, but I find those kind of days fascinating!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was an interesting day at blue hills

Beautiful day.

Hiked around Houghtons Pond with the troop.

Temps were in the 70s to near 80

After that we headed over to the ski area and hiked to the top.

By this time the temp had dropped to the low 70s.

You could feel a change to the airmass.

Hike to the summit was nice.

Temp rose and we hit the top.

Could not see boston as itt was socked in the clouds.

I told my wife that it was probably where the bd front was located.

I think it wavered over the area while we were hiking.

Great day to be there.

Yeah it did. Hope you looked just to the left of the gas tank and gave me a shout out.

4 distinct air masses today along and N of RT 2.... It dawned in murk and cool at 63F... Sky broke and the temp soared to 77F, then we had thunder and cooled it to 71/71... felt gross. That lingered for about 1 and a half hours along with a feeble east wind and some sun. But suddenly, about 30 minutes ago, the wind came in from the SW and the temp has spiked to 81F It seems pretty clear a front has been vacillating through the area, now as a warm front retreating N.

I may be an excruciatingly tedious nerd, but I find those kind of days fascinating!

I'm with you. Like I said, the BD was literally 5 blocks away for about 1 hr..then finally retreated north. Mesoscale rules.

Enjoy the sun, SNE! I can't remember the last full sunny day up here... Its raining out now. It was raining yesterday, and the day before that.

April 2011, wettest month on record... May 2011 wettest month on record. Can we get June, too?

This looks like we should have some breaks of sun around, but I haven't seen any today. Mountains are saturated and if its not cloudy, its foggy.

Enjoy the sun, SNE! I can't remember the last full sunny day up here... Its raining out now. It was raining yesterday, and the day before that.

April 2011, wettest month on record... May 2011 wettest month on record. Can we get June, too?

This looks like we should have some breaks of sun around, but I haven't seen any today. Mountains are saturated and if its not cloudy, its foggy.

Time to move south

LOL, you're nuts.

There needs to be a 10-step program for snow addiction. Its a problem.

Then again, I do remember a picture of a certain poster on here who likes to obsessively sculpt his snowbanks so I don't worry about my condition all that much. There are others out there, haha... and I'm sure if there were still piles left under evergreens in the Blue Hills someone on here would be posting pictures of it ;)

Then again, I do remember a picture of a certain poster on here who likes to obsessively sculpt his snowbanks so I don't worry about my condition all that much. There are others out there, haha... and I'm sure if there were still piles left under evergreens in the Blue Hills someone on here would be posting pictures of it ;)

Someone told me there is a small patch of snow still on Wachusett... I doubt it, but I might go over and look

73F/62F

Tasty

Off to get ice cream :thumbsup::snowman:

I love snow as much as anyone..it's just long gone..lol.

Wow, fog that close huh?

Anyways it's a neat area to have so close to the city. I went for a snow walk there with my wife back in January, and it was awesome.

Yeah

Boston was completely fogged in.

Great place to get away.

I will be heading back more over the summer.

My daughter loved it.

68/62, a great first day of the holiday weekend. Started out overcastwith a few showers the first half of the day then transitioned to a mix of sun and clouds. High here of 76 with a delightful breeze all afternoon. Fully expect this so called 'torch' to underwhelm as so many hyped 'torches' before it have. Looks like a couple days into the 80's then back to the cool comfort of 60's and 70's. Let it be hot on Memorial Day and the 4th of July then shortly after the leaves will start to change and we can be done with summer.

Archived