• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

Summer's here. Most years it comes in just about when it did but some notable stinkers keep us 50s and foggy to near the solstice. Not this year. Full on summer now through August. Breaks in the heat will bring 70s, now, dry 80 in a month. Canada is getting very warm from this point forth so not much of a cool air source outside of the ocean and even the SST will mitigate that by late June.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

sunny..another nice summer day!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer's here. Most years it comes in just about when it did but some notable stinkers keep us 50s and foggy to near the solstice. Not this year. Full on summer now through August. Breaks in the heat will bring 70s, now, dry 80 in a month. Canada is getting very warm from this point forth so not much of a cool air source outside of the ocean and even the SST will mitigate that by late June.

There just isn't much cold air anywhere in the NH:

Another Perfect day on the sand at Penfield. Tons of eye candy, tide was low this afternoon perfect sand for bocce and brews. Outside shower............clam cakes, lobster croquettes, little necks and bbq chix for dinner later on.

I hope everyone is enjoying this incredible late spring weather, parade tom morning mimosas, bloodies then beerfest all day at the beach. life is good.

God Bless America.:thumbsup:

Big cooldown end of week cancel.

Enjoy the torch it's all you've got

THURSDAY...

WESTERLY FLOW BEHIND THE FRONT BUT WITH 850 MB TEMPERATURES STILL

RELATIVELY MILD SHOULD ALLOW FOR GOOD MIXING AND A WARM DAY. THERE ARE

SOME MODEL DISCREPANCIES ON JUST HOW HOW WARM IT WILL GET...SO

CONFIDENCE ON HIGHS SOMEWHAT BELOW NORMAL. NONETHELESS...THINKING

WILL BE OFF TO A WARM ENOUGH START WITH GOOD MIXING TO YIELD HIGHS

IN THE 80S ACROSS MOST AREAS.

FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY...

LOW CONFIDENCE THIS FAR OUT BUT SOMEWHAT MORE SEASONABLE

TEMPERATURES ARE LIKELY. NONETHELESS...HIGHS SHOULD STILL BE WELL

INTO THE 70S TO LOWER 80S. AT THIS POINT THINK MOST OF THE TIME

WILL BE DRY...BUT WILL GO WITH SOME SLIGHT CHANCE POPS NEXT SATURDAY

AND SUNDAY WITH SOME INSTABILITY AND NORTHWEST FLOW ALOFT.

Weather finally ccoperated.

Ended up cleaning the gutters and power washing the house, deck, shed, and just about anything else that needed it.

I was actually in Taunton for most of the day. Very nice and breezy then it warmed up pretty good after 3PM or so...

80F for a high here today ... 77F/64F attm

It was awesome to be outside for an entire day for once yesterday. Even played some whiffle ball...I slipped and fell into a stream and I cut my right eye diving for the ball and landing on cement. Ate some awesome food...I also did a 12-pack and a 40...but man, after playing whiffle ball yesterday I feel like I'm 100...not used to that activity anymore.

Are you serious that you drank a 12 pack and a 40? That's a lot of alcohol. If you are serious, you are probably an alcoholic. Please get help because you are destroying your liver. I'm serious about this, that's not funny at all.

76/65, nice day, mild but not hot with a nice breeze and a mix of sun and clouds. Just returned from the Pioneer Valley where it was notably warmer but still a nice breeze.

We hit 86 today but as you stated with a breeze that kept it reasonably comfortable. Wunderground is calling for 88 Monday at 1450'.

Maybe that MCS over Chicago can provide some fun for someone in the northeast late tonight

Its past Detroit now... someone's going to get some heavy rain and rumbling tonight. Looks to be tracked towards central New England...maybe PSF-RUT area.

Nice satellite presentation, too.

We hit 86 today but as you stated with a breeze that kept it reasonably comfortable.

I was in Hadley and though it was mid 80's it was nice with the breeze. To me, the 80's aren't that big a deal, mid to upper 90's that's bonified "torch" weather. Larvay is dealing with that right now. He has a reason to complain, we don't.lol The "torch" term is over used and doesn't really apply to this unseasonably warm weather we are currently experiencing. Pleasantly warm with no reason to frighten people with talk of death from dehydration as some posters have attempted to do. Fortunately, only other weather geeks read this forum.

Its past Detroit now... someone's going to get some heavy rain and rumbling tonight. Looks to be tracked towards central New England...maybe PSF-RUT area.

I thought so too, Albany think it goes north into the GFL - Rut area while Upton thinks it goes down toward NYC or even south of them.

It should begin turning toward a more south of east direction with time as it rounds the theta-e ridge.

I was in Hadley and though it was mid 80's it was nice with the breeze. To me, the 80's aren't that big a deal, mid to upper 90's that's bonified "torch" weather. Larvay is dealing with that right now. He has a reason to complain, we don't.lol The "torch" term is over used and doesn't really apply to this unseasonably warm weather we are currently experiencing. Pleasantly warm with no reason to frighten people with talk of death from dehydration as some posters have attempted to do. Fortunately, only other weather geeks read this forum.

LOL..the torch and heatwave was never supposed to start until tomorrow thru Wed. The bonus day was Friday when many torched to 90. I'm fearful for folks the next 3 days. All we can do is pray

LOL..the torch and heatwave was never supposed to start until tomorrow thru Wed. The bonus day was Friday when many torched to 90. I'm fearful for folks the next 3 days. All we can do is pray

Gun to head, what are the highs for BDL for Mon Tues Weds

91 85 83 is my call for BDL, but I don't know the region well...

A heatwave is 3 days of 90+ correct? What,exactly, do you consider a torch? Any day, regardless of time of year that's a +10 departure? +5? Also, will you be volunteering at one of the many Red Cross cooling stations that will be mobilized in your area? Your passion for helping others is infectious. I'm a volunteer at my local golf course as a direct result of the fine example you have set for everyone.

Archived