• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

We are not sure if this will be one continuous tornado all the way to GA- it did cycle a bit NE of BHM, it may have handed off to a new tornado somewhere along the line. Damage surveys will tell the story.

Yeah it had a circulation associated with another storm on it's tail that could have taken over in that area but regardless in general the same storm has been doing the damage, which is remarkable regardless. Still a strong tornadic signature with this supercell on GL3. Indeed, tornado is CONFIRMED to be on the ground with this storm per channel 5 right now. Hook signature has improved dramatically over the last half hour or more. Just an unbelievable storm.

Lots of reports of damage in floyd county now, some people are missing. What a horrific day in terms of loss of life and with it being nighttime, these storms are extra dangerous since no one can really see it coming..especially considering the damn things are moving 70 to 80mph.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All kinds of effects.

All three units at TVA's 3,274-megawatt Browns Ferry nuclear plant in Alabama tripped about 5:30 EDT (2230 GMT) after losing outside power to the plant, a spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Agency said.

A TVA spokeswoman said the plant's output had reduced power earlier due to transmission line damage from a line of severe storms that spawned a number of tornadoes as it moved through Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee.

The NRC spokesman said early information indicated the units shut normally and the plant's diesel generators started up to supply power for the plant's safety system.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

941 PM EDT WED APR 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

HARALSON COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

SOUTHWESTERN PAULDING COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

SOUTHEASTERN POLK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

* UNTIL 1030 PM EDT

* AT 939 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING GOLF BALL SIZED HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 60 MPH. THIS LEADING EDGE OF THIS STORM WAS

LOCATED 10 MILES WEST OF BOWDON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 60 MPH.

That history making cell in North Georgia is now getting into the outer range of the Greer SC doppler radar, considering the forward movement, it will become GSP's responsibility in the next hour or so...If anybody has time later this evening, it would be interesting to trace how many forecast offices have had responsibility tracking that storm?

Line draw right at the Rutherford - Cleveland county..

Read Robert's thoughts on FB and then looked at the loop.......

long night

That history making cell in North Georgia is now getting into the outer range of the Greer SC doppler radar, considering the forward movement, it will become GSP's responsibility in the next hour or so...If anybody has time later this evening, it would be interesting to trace how many forecast offices have had responsibility tracking that storm?

Just watched Fox news, and they're saying we dont' have as much to worry about in the Carolinas tonight, thanks to loss of heating. I feel for folks who listen to that.

Anyway, the GA storm is probably going to weaken, BUT the overall line is developing, so linear development and embedded tornadoes and high surface winds are going to arrive soon.

Just watched Fox news, and they're saying we dont' have as much to worry about in the Carolinas tonight, thanks to loss of heating. I feel for folks who listen to that.

Anyway, the GA storm is probably going to weaken, BUT the overall line is developing, so linear development and embedded tornadoes and high surface winds are going to arrive soon.

Agree, I already let my buddies know that if I call them late tonight, they need to take cover. We may lose heating, but the atmosphere is primed for severe weather. It's "news" like that from Fox that make me face palm whenever I hear their weather crew.

Archived