Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respectfully disagree. The system is going as planned, transitioning from cellular to linear, and this is precisely how the derecho-line looked early April (atleast my vantage point here in NC). I'm worried that this will develop into a severe squall line with surface winds widespread of 50mph +, maybe 75mph.

That is possible, I was referring to any significant tornadic threat.

More rotations training up toward La Grange now. Guess I'll be up a while yet. No way this is over until I feel the colder air in my face while I'm looking at stars. T

Edit...weather radio is warning for a severe T storm now, and I can hear it coming back southwest...reporting rotation.

dewpoints are surging over VA..NC and SC now in the upper 60's to low 70's in many places

lots of discete storms moving off/over the Mts

LLJ creating lots of low shear 80-90 kt mid level flow creating lots of deep shear

I've noticed the surging instability as well, and it's a troubling sign given the numerous couplets and discrete cells that already exist over the mountains. The significant tornado threat appears to continue throughout the overnight hours.

Looks like our long lived twister is about to hit hard mountains in Rabun county GA. After that, I'm clueless. But I wuld venture a guess the flow would disrupted a while in Transylvania and Polk to Henderson counties, NC, then who knows maybe reform into another funnel toward Lake Lure or Marion, NC. Anyway winds have really picked up here. Tonight reminds me so much of what happened 3 weeks ago at midnight.

But much worse obviously for areas west.

What amazes me is that it literally traveled the spine of the apps thru GA and held strong. Amazing....

I'm noticing some intensification of storms as they continue to converge into one main squall line. Their direction appears to be making a run along the I85 corridor later tonight. These will be brings in the gusty winds, large hail, and some embedded supercells. Parameters are very supportive for these storms to thrive on the atmosphere and stay alive even after crossing into the Carolinas. Long night ahead and this time I have twice as much to fear this go around ever since my oak tree fully leaved. The additional weight and the fact that the location of one of the much larger branches is right over the main power line connecting to my house makes matters worse.

So can we call it 4 states now?

Yep. Its on the NC border now. A QUAD state cell. Truly amazing.

Yep...this was my worry a few days ago that we would get such development to our west that it would survive the trek through the mountains. The atmospheric profile for tornadoes are off the charts for this part of the country.

If this warned storm along the NC/SC/GA border can stay in tact for the next 90 minutes or so, I see no reason for the low level inflow to get re-established to the immediate east of the mountains. Current projection could put that cell close to IMBY around 1-1:30 am.

It should pass near Hendersonville to your area if it holds up/can re-develop Post NC mtns.

That is possible, I was referring to any significant tornadic threat.

Looks like there maybe 3 boxes south of ATL right now. I hope it weakens, but this line is growing. Its hard to say which cities really lie in the path. Amazing system. By far, the most impressive severe outbreak I've personally ever followed around the Southeast.

Robert

I sent you a PM but I am curious to what time do you expect it in the piedmont area? All news channels are saying 6-8am? To me it looks to be a lot earlier than that?

sorry, I'm swamped. I'm posting on here and FB. I can't answer all the IM's on here tonight, I wish I could.

Do you think it is over here in West GA ? We just had a little light rain. Should we pay attention to more storms in AL ?

You know it's one thing to not know much and be sort of ignorant but then it's another thing to be just annoying. Use some common sense and *stop* with all the IMBY posts. You are the only one ALL day that has done this.

Yep. Its on the NC border now. A QUAD state cell. Truly amazing.

It should pass near Hendersonville to your area if it holds up/can re-develop Post NC mtns.

Looks like there maybe 3 boxes south of ATL right now. I hope it weakens, but this line is growing. Its hard to say which cities really lie in the path. Amazing system. By far, the most impressive severe outbreak I've personally ever followed around the Southeast.

sorry, I'm swamped. I'm posting on here and FB. I can't answer all the IM's on here tonight, I wish I could.

It also looks like it's heading to Asheville!!

Archived