Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current timing suggest Raleigh to be under the gun anywhere from 5-6am to late morning, that however doesnt mean that something couldnt happen before or after, but thats when the best chance of organized storms is as of right now.

Thank you for responding. I'm going to look into getting a weather radio.

Today's historic long-track tornado looks to have met its demise courtesy of the mountains of Jackson County. For the first time in hundreds of miles the cell has weakened to a point where no additional warning has been issued. That's very good thing to see after what all the storm has done.

Still plenty of cells coming right behind it into northeast georgia, maybe they'll do the same thing over the next hour or two.

I'm afraid the ones in GA are going to get us . They're intensifying on the radar I'm seeing. I'm ready to be done with this. Exhausted.

I'm under a tornado warning and the lights are flickering, wind is howling, and the thunder has stopped. Guess it is time to hide :) T

Be safe Tony!

I'm afraid the ones in GA are going to get us . They're intensifying on the radar I'm seeing. I'm ready to be done with this. Exhausted.

I understand that...this spring has taken a lot of the energy away from me as well. I'm hoping the tornado threat here is diminishing, gonna try to get a couple hours of sleep, got some teaching to do tomorrow. Hang in there overnight.

< Previous MD mcd0648.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0648 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 1109 PM CDT WED APR 27 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...ERN AL...CENTRAL AND NRN GA...ERN TN...WRN NC...AND UPSTATE SC CONCERNING...TORNADO WATCH 238...241... VALID 280409Z - 280445Z THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR TORNADO WATCH 238...241...CONTINUES. A NEW TORNADO WATCH WILL BE NEEDED FOR PARTS OF THIS REGION GIVEN THE EXPIRATION OF WW 241 AT 06Z. LOCAL WFO EXTENSION OF WW 238 MAY BE NEEDED AS THE STORM OVER SEVIER COUNTY TN REACHES FAR NERN TN BETWEEN 05-0530Z. THE LIKELIHOOD FOR DISCRETE SUPERCELLS PRODUCING TORNADOES CONTINUES ACROSS THE VALID PORTIONS OF PDS /PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION/ WATCHES 238 AND 241 LATE THIS EVENING INTO THE EARLY OVERNIGHT PERIOD. THIS INCLUDES ERN AL THROUGH CENTRAL AND NRN GA TO FAR ERN TN...UPSTATE SC AND WRN NC. LATE EVENING SURFACE ANALYSIS SHOWED AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OVER CENTRAL INDIANA WITH A COLD FRONT TRAILING SWD THROUGH MIDDLE TN AND NERN AL TO SERN MS. REGIONAL RADAR IMAGERY INDICATED SEVERAL DISCRETE SUPERCELLS ACROSS THE DISCUSSION AREA WITH THIS ACTIVITY LOCATED ALONG AT LEAST TWO PRE-FRONTAL WIND SHIFTS/CONVERGENCE ZONES. THE WARM SECTOR REMAINS MODERATELY UNSTABLE FROM NRN GA SWD AND MARGINALLY UNSTABLE ACROSS FAR WEST CENTRAL NC. WRN EXTENT OF STRONGER INSTABILITY IN LEE OF THE APPALACHIANS DOES EXIST OVER THE NERN PART OF WW 241. STRONG DEEP LAYER WIND FIELDS REMAIN SUPPORTIVE OF SUPERCELLS WITH THE STRENGTH OF THE LLJ /55-70 KT/ FROM ERN AL/WRN GA TO ERN KY AND WV WILL MAINTAIN STRONG LOW LEVEL SHEAR FOR LOW LEVEL ROTATION/TORNADIC THREAT. ..PETERS.. 04/28/2011 ATTN...WFO...RAH...RNK...CAE...GSP...MRX...FFC...TAE...BMX... MOB...

Most likely debris showing on the radar now just NW of Griffin

Folks in upstate and escarpment east in NC, these are the cells to watch. They will come underneath the apps and not face any topgraphy issues. Therefore having a free ride in the hard to believe juiced up enviroment that exist and is so conducive for a late April night.

Ham radio ops report TOG in Sunny Side, GA.

GAC151-255-280445-

/O.CON.KFFC.TO.W.0049.000000T0000Z-110428T0445Z/

SPALDING GA-HENRY GA-

1231 AM EDT THU APR 28 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1245 AM EDT FOR

SOUTHWESTERN HENRY AND NORTH CENTRAL SPALDING COUNTIES...

AT 1226 AM EDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED AND DOPPLER

RADAR CONFIRMED A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED 1 MILE EAST OF

SUNNY SIDE OR 4 MILES SOUTH OF HAMPTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.

RESIDENTS SOUTH AND EAST OF HAMPTON AND IN MCDONOUGH SHOULD MOVE TO

A SAFE PLACE NOW!!

OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

BLACKSVILLE AND MCDONOUGH.

Folks in upstate and escarpment east in NC, these are the cells to watch. They will come underneath the apps and not face any topgraphy issues. Therefore having a free ride in the hard to believe juiced up enviroment that exist and is so conducive for a late April night.

Yep, I am staying up being a watchdog for anything severe approaching the CLT area and those cells are looking like they way to take a direct line towards us. Last night of being able to do so as I start my new job on Friday.

ill be up with ya in randolph county. my eyes hate these late nights. i need to get some glasses and ditch the contacts in the these situations.

Don't tell me that. :axe::(

I just want these storms to move in and depart quickly. I've been at it ever since I woke up around noon watching radar and such. It's time to get this event over with. This kind of work can really wipe you out mentally.:stun: Winds have been gusting for a while now. You can hear the branches of the trees make a creaking kind of noise. NOT GOOD! :yikes: Latest image:

21kb583.jpg

Guys I'm a weather novice here and have a question. No work tomorrow. Is it worth staying up to see if these storms stay together and come my way. I am about 20 miles north of charlotte in Cornelius, NC. Just don't want to be caught off guard late tonight.

Keep an eye on radar throughout the night is my suggestion. These storms are now on the verge of combining into a multi-cell squall line (QLCS) that will push through the Carolinas a few hours from now. Could have a few embedded supercells associated with the line. Definitely worth staying up to make sure.

Watchin', learnin' and prayin' with you guys. What an amazing few weeks we have had.

Quick question, when the term "Debris Ball" become the new term of the day? I honestly have never heard that term before (granted I'm a weenie not a met) but the TV mets are using it in EVERY report! Is this a new term based on new radar technology? Just curious.

Stay safe everyone.

Good lord, yet another TOR for Unicoi County.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR... CARTER COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE... GREENE COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE... UNICOI COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE... WASHINGTON COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...* UNTIL 145 AM EDT* AT 1237 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR CAMPCREEK...OR 10 MILES SOUTHEAST OF GREENEVILLE. DOPPLER RADAR SHOWEDTHIS TORNADO MOVING NORTHEAST AT 75 MPH.* THIS TORNADIC STORM WILL BE NEAR... ERWIN...BANNER HILL AND JONESBOROUGH AROUND 1255 AM EDT. JOHNSON CITY AROUND 100 AM EDT. HAMPTON AND ELIZABETHTON AROUND 105 AM EDT.OTHER LOCATIONS AFFECTED BY THIS TORNADIC THUNDERSTORM INCLUDELIBERTY...EMBREEVILLE...UNICOI...LIMESTONE COVE...MILLIGAN COLLEGE...HUNTER AND SADIE.

Watchin', learnin' and prayin' with you guys. What an amazing few weeks we have had.

Quick question, when the term "Debris Ball" become the new term of the day? I honestly have never heard that term before (granted I'm a weenie not a met) but the TV mets are using it in EVERY report! Is this a new term based on new radar technology? Just curious.

Stay safe everyone.

It's not new technology, and the term has been around a long, long time.

It's just you had so many strong tornadoes going through towns/forests, thus creating the debris balls.

Archived