Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following this since mid afternoon non stop and am totally exhausted. But am growing concerned with the storms around lagrange and depending on it's exact track, it could make it's way in my general area. It seems crazy to be worried about a storm that is just now crossing into ga but these storms just won't fall apart and are moving so fast they would be here in 2 hours. Absolutely crazy stuff.

Not to mention that cluster of storms back in western/central alabama. Could be a long night here just watching and waiting.

Greer Doppler, not Peachtree City, is already showing a good hook feature on that storm getting ready to cross into the GA/SC/NC line region...pretty darn impressive considering the distance away from the Greer radar site.

Very concerned that while the mountains may disrupt the lowest levels of inflow, then the rotation aloft is suffiicient enough to allow this storm to re-develop a tornado once it gets past the rugged terrain of Jackson and Macon Counties and over towards Transylvania and Henderson Counties...don't even want to imagine what happens as soon as it exits the escarpment...granted it holds together.

I've been following this since mid afternoon non stop and am totally exhausted. But am growing concerned with the storms around lagrange and depending on it's exact track, it could make it's way in my general area. It seems crazy to be worried about a storm that is just now crossing into ga but these storms just won't fall apart and are moving so fast they would be here in 2 hours. Absolutely crazy stuff.

Not to mention that cluster of storms back in western/central alabama. Could be a long night here just watching and waiting.

I am watching the same thing. Depending on its track I could be in the strike zone as well.

Weird thing going on here, there is nothing over head, I mean nothing, but it is thundering and lightning like a storm is on top of us. I have never witnessed this. I don't mean the thunder is in the distance, it is right here. Amazing stuff.

Emerson..are you ok? things have been rather nasty here but we have power and have been holed up since the storm moved into Rome. Trees down just south of here and hotel collapse north of here.

BTW, Waleska is all uphill from here and not spared. Don't take "mountain protection" for granted,

Oh yeah, Snowstorm...shut the heck up!

I never thought that I would ever see anything approaching my house like what I am seeing on the radar. This is looking to be a rough evening here in the western Carolinas. Lets hope the storms begin to fall apart or organize into a line. I prayer for those in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee who lives have been taken or are injured from this wild weather. This is the precise reason I want to become a meteorologist, not to be excited about severe weather; however, to warn people about this severe weather. Now I am going to get ready here in the foothills of NC. It could be a very bump ride.

Great, the storm in LaGrange is the one headed directly toward us in about and hour or so. Maybe it will fizzle.

I've been watching that one too......if it takes a slight left jog, it'll track right over the eastern metro. This day has been one for the ages.......god help Atlanta had this started here about 5 hours earlier.

Greer Doppler, not Peachtree City, is already showing a good hook feature on that storm getting ready to cross into the GA/SC/NC line region...pretty darn impressive considering the distance away from the Greer radar site.

Very concerned that while the mountains may disrupt the lowest levels of inflow, then the rotation aloft is suffiicient enough to allow this storm to re-develop a tornado once it gets past the rugged terrain of Jackson and Macon Counties and over towards Transylvania and Henderson Counties...don't even want to imagine what happens as soon as it exits the escarpment...granted it holds together.

I'd be shocked if this storm still doesn't have a tornado still on the ground. the hook is still very impressive on radar and velocity still looks strong on gsp radar. (now closer to them than ffc) At the least it could be one of those storms that are hitting the ridge tops and skipping over the valleys.

I'm still floored by how well the *super*cell continues to look..doesn't show any sign of weakening yet and looks like it will make it into nc at this rate.

Very deep and intact circulation with a fresh updraft (echo tops back up over 55kft). LLJ looks to be really kicking, with S-SSW 55-65 kt winds from the near-surface to 850 layer.

Archived