Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr. Forbes was absolutely incredible covering the Tuscaloosa to Birmingham tornado via radar. I don't know how anyone could do a better job. The entire team of Forbes, Carl Parker, and Jeff in the field just outside Birmingham was fantastic. With all of the negative talk about TWC in recent years, with which I largely have agreed, I feel kudo's are well warranted in this case.

This is just down right scary...the storm shows no signs of weakening that I can tell. The pictures out of alabama are just heart breaking and the reports on spans station is shocking. Woman talking about lots of people losing arms/legs, people bleeding all over the place, being carried in the back of trucks, etc..it's almost indescribable.

My god if this makes it to rome. What a storm that will surely be studied for years to come.

Oh and needless to say it's now dark and even more dangerous because of it :axe:

It's going to be a late night for me here in Greenville. No way I can go to sleep knowing these storms are headed in my direction. Praying they'll weaken with the sun going down and them coming over the mountains.

Praying the same. This is an incredibly tough time for me to be stuck in Boston

without computer access (just an iPod) while the rest of my family is in North GA. I'm

the one who keeps up with the weather and makes everyone get to the basement! For everyone's sake I hope things stabilize...weather stops being fun when it's this

damaging.

Dr. Forbes was absolutely incredible covering the Tuscaloosa to Birmingham tornado via radar. I don't know how anyone could do a better job. The entire team of Forbes, Carl Parker, and Jeff in the field just outside Birmingham was fantastic. With all of the negative talk about TWC in recent years, with which I largely have agreed, I feel kudo's are well warranted in this case.

i would second that. i have had them on tv and spann on the mac - both have had excellent coverage.

looks like its about to shift into ga - hopefully without the tornados!

This gave me a lot of chills while watching this. Almost as if you're actually there with the person filming:

http://vimeo.com/22970879

Keep the updates coming, fellas. I am a friend of Steve (Dacula Weather) and found this place yesterday.

I live in Acworth, GA just north of Atlanta. I see some other Bartow & Cobb County folks here.

That cell from Birmingham looks like its going to split Rome & Cartersville to me...

Great forum, fellas, lots of knowledge here.

Thanks for the minute by minute updates!

Greetings.:) Glad to have you aboard the Southeast crew.

Keep the updates coming, fellas. I am a friend of Steve (Dacula Weather) and found this place yesterday.

I live in Acworth, GA just north of Atlanta. I see some other Bartow & Cobb County folks here.

That cell from Birmingham looks like its going to split Rome & Cartersville to me...

Great forum, fellas, lots of knowledge here.

Thanks for the minute by minute updates!

Not sure if anyone caught the caller just on ABC 33/40 from Pleasant Grove, bodies and injured being carried out, numerous FAT (unconfirmed), and injuries that involve loss of limbs.

I heard it, very sombering. These things just keep holding together and a new one just popped up in Alabama.

Archived