Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep reading about the STP readings, anyone know what it is in west Atlanta?

STP = Significant Tornado Parameter (read more here: http://www.spc.noaa..../help_stpc.html)

You can view the values on the SPC Mesoanalysis page here:

http://www.spc.noaa....r.php?sector=17

Select either of the "Sgfnt Tornado" values from the "composite indices" menu at the top of that page.

Here's the most recent (I think) sounding from FFC:

Can you give a quick tutorial on how to read that or have a link to where I can read how to ready it? I don't know much about the technical side of weather. I just find it absolutely fascinating so like to learn bits and pieces when I can.

EDIT: Thanks generelz!

I keep reading about the STP readings, anyone know what it is in west Atlanta?

Nope, but stiff breezes and humid like it's been all day. A tad cooler than earlier. We had only patchy sun so I have hopes that will have kept heating down a bit for when the real show starts "every little bit helps" knowhatImean? When the sun did come through it was sudden uncomfortably gooey to be working outside (got all of the storm prep done but moving the trailer aka potential projectile, that's after dinner).

The images and reality of west of here has been horrific. I am soooo not wanting this to keep together and hit us.

It's one thing to see the OMG gee-whiz math and physics and atmosphere line up like a drunken met student's "what if" output, and another entirely to have it *happen*.

I'm curious as to the total number of tornado warnings that were issued by the time this event is completely over with. SPC storm reports are going to be swamped all over the map by the end of this.

Bibb county cell now considered to have a TVS per radar.

Tornadic Thunderstorm

Bibb County, AL

59 dBZ

Severe Hail: 80% Chance

Hail: 100% Chance

Max Hail Size: 1.50"

Echo Top: 38,000 ft.

VIL: 56 kg/m²

Radar Site: BMX

fbmamh.jpg

Don't think I've ever had this many boxes open. Amazing storm and every bit coming to fruition as it was progged days ago. The James Spann coverage is the best I've ever seen.

without a doubt! i do not ever remember a se outbreak like this, other than vague memories of one in maybe 73 or 75 where a couple of tornados hit athens. sort of scary to think that this mess might be moving into n ga later

Hard to get a read on tomorrow here in central and eastern NC. RAH said it best if we get discrete supes out in front of the squall, or can get the squall to go into supes like Apr 16th then watchout. While I dont think tomorrow will be near as bad as Apr 16th I bet it could be another top 5-10 day in total tornados reported for NC.

Basically if I wake up to lots of sun then I will start to worry......still waiting to see what SPC does 30% severe right now wouldnt take much to get that mod upgrade....

Several incredible videos of the Tuscaloosa tornado on this site:

http://newsblogged.com/video-tornado-tuscaloosa-city-alabama-mile-wide-042711

Some students from a dorm room take video as the tornado passes over UA's football stadium. They then realize the thing may be coming at them. Warning: there is some graphic language on some of these videos.

Thunderstorm with suspected baseball sized hail and tornado heading towards downtown and West/North Knoxville. Rain looks torrential in camera views. There have been off/on tornado warnings all day but the storms stayed to the North and South of the city.

TDOT Cameras in Knoxville

WBIR TV Live

I'm between Powell and Halls on the North side. If I get any hail or images I'll let you know.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN CHATTOOGA COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

FLOYD COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

NORTHWESTERN POLK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

* UNTIL 915 PM EDT

* AT 808 PM EDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO 38

MILES SOUTHWEST OF CAVE SPRING...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 65 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

CEDARTOWN...ROME AND SHANNON.

Archived