Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you clarify this? What does "BMX is abandoning ship" mean?

took shelter and passed off their area to a nearby office

Folks on the central forum are saying 25 dead so far in Pleasant Grove Al just north fo Birmingham, hope thats wrong if not then that number is prolly low if they can confirm that many this quickly.

after seeing it move through i can understand - it looked like a big black boiling cloud on the ground. it was huge

If you look at the counties, ATL is not a High Risk. Cobb, Cherokee, Bartow, Paulding, Douglas, and Carroll are though.

Good eye, although the proximity is really trivial. Not sure why the SPC stated the metro was included, but the graphics show it being just outside.

btw, good news though is there is finally a weakening but as channel 2 has noted, it's moving east at NINETY MPH...yes 90mph!

Wonder if it is cycling again, Forbes said earlier that cells like this tend to cycle very 45 mins or so. Granted, it is heading into a less favorable environment for sig tornados, but a favorable env. nonetheless. Would not be surprised to see it tighten back up, and radar is already starting to indicate such. N GA crew stay safe!

post-382-0-97858900-1303953413.png

post-382-0-85626900-1303953427.png

That number is from EMS in Alabama and is confirmed. They are telling people who find debris across Alabama to hold on to it so they can try to return it to people! Local mets here in CAE on TV are saying we won't get much when it comes through in the AM, hope to hell they are right.

If this tornado keeps going, could you add GRlevel3 images from GSP so we can continue to track it as it heads our way?

I will indeed.

Right now I've added an up-close Atlanta view that should have enough images to loop in just a little while

http://www.daculaweather.com/grlevel3/storm_mode_6.php

They will look like this

04-27-4.png

Foothills what are you thoughts on our area later tonight. I see you are in shelby and I'm north of charlotte in cornelius?

I'm watching the storm near Rome closely. The overall line is developing and honestly I haven't seen any new data since a few hours ago when all Helk broke loose, just not much time, but usually a long lived tornado makes a nearly straight path. The Palm Sunday tornado outbreak here is what I'm reminded of here so far, but only time will tell if the cell continues its track. We're in for a bumpy ride, regardless. Winds are picking up. If you extrapolate the long lived twister, it would approach Rutherford and Cleveland County by 1 am...I really doubt a storm could survive 5 states though. Would be unprecedented., But the overall setup favors development along the actual line becoming more linear, not cellular , with time. Winds are increasing outside, much like models showed earlier.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

926 PM EDT WED APR 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN FLOYD COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

NORTHWESTERN HARALSON COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

POLK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA

* UNTIL 1015 PM EDT

* AT 920 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 25 MILES WEST OF

TALLAPOOSA...MOVING EAST NORTHEAST AT 60 MPH. ANOTHER SEVERE

THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND WIND GUSTS TO 60 MPH

WAS LOCATED 10 MILES WEST OF TALLAPOOSA AND WAS MOVING NORTHEAST AT

75 MPH.

I'm watching the storm near Rome closely. The overall line is developing and honestly I haven't seen any new data since a few hours ago when all Helk broke loose, just not much time, but usually a long lived tornado makes a nearly straight path. The Palm Sunday tornado outbreak here is what I'm reminded of here so far, but only time will tell if the cell continues its track. We're in for a bumpy ride, regardless. Winds are picking up. If you extrapolate the long lived twister, it would approach Rutherford and Cleveland County by 1 am...I really doubt a storm could survive 5 states though. Would be unprecedented., But the overall setup favors development along the actual line becoming more linear, not cellular , with time. Winds are increasing outside, much like models showed earlier.

Gonna be a heck of a squall line and any discrete cells out in front will be tornadic, looking at a few things and the Craven really stands out, could be a early indicator where the meat of the squall line is gonna hit.....

We are not sure if this will be one continuous tornado all the way to GA- it did cycle a bit NE of BHM, it may have handed off to a new tornado somewhere along the line. Damage surveys will tell the story.

After watching that cell loop over and over, I cannot see how it could have passed off to another tornado. Can that happen within the same supercell? Seriously...I'm really asking.

Archived