Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like our long lived twister is about to hit hard mountains in Rabun county GA. After that, I'm clueless. But I wuld venture a guess the flow would disrupted a while in Transylvania and Polk to Henderson counties, NC, then who knows maybe reform into another funnel toward Lake Lure or Marion, NC. Anyway winds have really picked up here. Tonight reminds me so much of what happened 3 weeks ago at midnight.

But much worse obviously for areas west.

Scary, scary stuff.

Watching WSB online continuous coverage and they mentioned that Pine Log, GA was directly in path of a tornado. If anyone hears any info about that area over the scanner, would you please post it on here? My best friend's mom lives there, I don't have her number to call and can't get up with my friend to get it, but I'm very concerned about her safety. I know there's nothing I can really do, but...still I'd like to know what to expect from that area.

I'm still floored by how well the *super*cell continues to look..doesn't show any sign of weakening yet and looks like it will make it into nc at this rate.

Greg Forbes said over 2 hours ago that La Grange storm was headed for Ptree City and I hear it off over there now. Pretty good call that far out. For the longest time it looked to head right for me, but now I think it is going by to the north..over Ptree City. Pretty good booms going but not much wind, after a day of crazy wind. I just want rain, no big swirling winds for me, please. T

Alabama Power Company Update #1: April 27, 8 p.m.

The second wave of severe storms and tornadoes moving across the state has caused a significant increase in the number of power outages affecting Alabama Power customers. At 8 p.m., here are our customer outage numbers:

· Statewide – 374,902

· Birmingham area (Jefferson, Shelby counties) – 173,198

· Eastern areas (Including Anniston, Gadsden, Oxford) – 53,932

· Western areas (including Bibb, Walker, Tuscaloosa counties) – 146,306

By comparison, Alabama Power had a total of 241,000 outages as a result of Hurricane Dennis, and 239,000 outages following Hurricane Frederic.

To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question for me tonight......

Looks like our long lived twister is about to hit hard mountains in Rabun county GA. After that, I'm clueless. But I wuld venture a guess the flow would disrupted a while in Transylvania and Polk to Henderson counties, NC, then who knows maybe reform into another funnel toward Lake Lure or Marion, NC. Anyway winds have really picked up here. Tonight reminds me so much of what happened 3 weeks ago at midnight.

Scary, scary stuff.

Watching WSB online continuous coverage and they mentioned that Pine Log, GA was directly in path of a tornado. If anyone hears any info about that area over the scanner, would you please post it on here? My best friend's mom lives there, I don't have her number to call and can't get up with my friend to get it, but I'm very concerned about her safety. I know there's nothing I can really do, but...still I'd like to know what to expect from that area.

Will do Veronica...Tornado reported on the ground on hwy 140.. I drive through there every day and that would be in the area of Pine Log.

Watching the hourly composite indices on SPC and well its gonna be bad I think. Supercell composite, Craven, effective tornado all continue to climb and all are already over the parameters that indicate a significant severe event is looming...

I will try to update these every hr for the next few hrs

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR... GREENE COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE... UNICOI COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE... WASHINGTON COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...* UNTIL 1130 PM EDT* AT 1047 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 8 MILES NORTHWEST OF HOT SPRINGS...OR 13 MILES SOUTH OF GREENEVILLE. DOPPLER RADAR SHOWED THIS TORNADO MOVING NORTHEAST AT 70 MPH.* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE... GREENEVILLE...ERWIN...JOHNSON CITY...TUSCULUM...BANNER HILL... JONESBOROUGH...CAMP CREEK...ROCKY FORK...CHUCKY...LIBERTY... LIMESTONE...EMBREEVILLE...LEESBURG...AVONDALE...UNICOI AND LIMESTONE COVE

Will be seeking shelter soon. What a night.

Most of the main ATL metro looks to be safe- the cluster of storms to the west are very messy (except the one headed for FFC). Cannot rule out some brief spin up, but we probably dodged a big bullet.

I respectfully disagree. The system is going as planned, transitioning from cellular to linear, and this is precisely how the derecho-line looked early April (atleast my vantage point here in NC). I'm worried that this will develop into a severe squall line with surface winds widespread of 50mph +, maybe 75mph.

I'm getting 50mph gust, just heard a tree fall not too far from the house.

Sitting at 75.8 degrees and a dew point of 68.4 degrees with winds gusting over 25 mph at 11:00 p.m. at night in the foothills of NC in April. This system is nothing to mess around with. The foothills and the piedmont of NC may see an explosion from the storms once they exit the mountains. Going to be a long long night.

I respectfully disagree. The system is going as planned, transitioning from cellular to linear, and this is precisely how the derecho-line looked early April (atleast my vantage point here in NC). I'm worried that this will develop into a severe squall line with surface winds widespread of 50mph +, maybe 75mph.

Do you think it is over here in West GA ? We just had a little light rain. Should we pay attention to more storms in AL ?

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC 1054 PM EDT WED APR 27 2011 RABUN GA-HABERSHAM GA-MACON NC- 1054 PM EDT WED APR 27 2011 ...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1130 PM EDT FOR EASTERN MACON...NORTHERN HABERSHAM AND RABUN COUNTIES... AT 1052 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF BATESVILLE...OR 10 MILES SOUTH OF HIAWASSEE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH. * LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... MOCCASIN CREEK STATE PARK AND LAKE BURTON... LAKEMONT AND LAKE RABUN... CLAYTON AND TIGER... DILLARD AND MOUNTAIN CITY... SCALY AND SKY VALLEY...

So can we call it 4 states now?

TORNADO WARNING

GAC137-241-NCC113-280330-

/O.NEW.KGSP.TO.W.0020.110428T0243Z-110428T0330Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

1043 PM EDT WED APR 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN HABERSHAM COUNTY IN NORTHEAST GEORGIA...

RABUN COUNTY IN NORTHEAST GEORGIA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF CLAYTON...

SOUTHERN MACON COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 1130 PM EDT

* AT 1039 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 15 MILES WEST OF

BATESVILLE...OR 10 MILES NORTHWEST OF CLEVELAND...MOVING NORTHEAST

AT 50 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

BATESVILLE...

MOCCASIN CREEK STATE PARK AND LAKE BURTON...

LAKEMONT AND LAKE RABUN...

CLAYTON AND TIGER...

DILLARD AND MOUNTAIN CITY...

SCALY...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TORNADOES WHICH OCCUR AFTER DARK ARE ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS. PEOPLE IN

THE WARNED AREA SHOULD PREPARE IMMEDIATELY FOR THIS TORNADO. MOBILE

HOMES AND VEHICLES SHOULD BE ABANDONED FOR STURDIER SHELTER.

OTHERWISE...GO TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST LEVEL OF YOUR HOME

OR PLACE OF BUSINESS.

Yep...this was my worry a few days ago that we would get such development to our west that it would survive the trek through the mountains. The atmospheric profile for tornadoes are off the charts for this part of the country.

If this warned storm along the NC/SC/GA border can stay in tact for the next 90 minutes or so, I see no reason for the low level inflow to get re-established to the immediate east of the mountains. Current projection could put that cell close to IMBY around 1-1:30 am.

Archived