Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on the wrong side of town ( SE ) to chase this one and local news are saying there is damage around Farmville but these are pretty weak couplets so I doubt its to bad. I am holding out for the couplet crossing into S Lenior it looks to come up my side of the county in 30-45 mins. It also has held up off and on for a couple of hrs now.

Just updated radar and the weak couplet took a right and looks to pass right over Greenville.....

Welp, had the main couplet (1st spinup) pass directly overhead a couple minutes ago, definite low level rotation noted in the clouds, not really a funnel though, just a general twisting as it came over, followed by some gusty variable winds...

post-382-0-17823900-1304020049.png

Ugh. Looks like one of those couplets is right over the Candlewick area and the newer duplexes/townhomes close to the hospital (kind of hard to tell). Lots of folks around that area. Like you said - hope nothing's touching the ground there.

Spoke with my folks in Falkland, and all was well -- looks like the worst of that storm went between them and Greenville. Waiting to hear from my husband to see if there was any damage confirmed in Farmville.

Ugh. Looks like one of those couplets is right over the Candlewick area and the newer duplexes/townhomes close to the hospital. Lots of folks around there. Like you said - hope nothing's touching the ground there.

Spoke with my folks in Falkland, and all was well -- looks like the worst of that storm went between them and Greenville. Waiting to hear from my husband to see if there was in damage confirmed in Farmville.

I heard on one of the locals that they had reports of barns and other light damage just east of Farmville but nothing serious or indictive of a tornado. More like lots of straightline wind.

Archived