• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next severe weather event April 26-29

For the Maryville, TN question a few pages ago. My uncle lives in Maryville and I talked to him around 9pm...he was in the basement in and out all evening. He lost a tree in the backyard but there was no major damage that he could see on his block besides trees knocked down. No tornadic winds he reports. But it was hairy for awhile.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like cells are starting to pop and strengthen over southeastern Upstate SC. :popcorn: I had nothing here but some rain, wind, and thunder. :arrowhead: I get screwed in Winter with snow and in Spring with severe weather. :lol::axe:

Looks like some cells are popping up in NE GA once again. You may not be out of the woods yet. popcorn.gif

Hey buckeye, I was thinking earlier...considering all the mobile homes in our area, where would all of those people go if we had an imminent tornado bearing down on us? The only solid structures anywhere near here are schools, and they keep them locked.

There is the police sub station on 321 toward Swansea or the volunteer fire dept on Busbee Rd. Not sure of any other place that is sturdy and open after 11:00 around here.

EDIT: Hopefully they all have a plan and will not be in their mobile homes :arrowhead:

Dodged the bullet. Can't be sure but from radio reports it went by about a mile or so to the nw. I'll see tomorrow. Don't like those things, never have. Lookout won't like this but Dr. Forbes was showing me the tornado was coming, the weather radio was telling to flee, Dacula's radar had me shaking..it was on the ground a few miles out and coming right at me....and the power went out. All I could do was go outside and look for it. I could see it going by (a darker area with lots of lightening) and figured it was missing us, so I went in and it was Glen MF Burns on the radio that told us we were indeed missed and what was going on. The one to the south was maybe 10 miles out, but they were training and there was no way to know what was happening except for Mr. Burns :) Sorry, Chris, but there it is. My battery driven tv was out because the battery was dead. The modem was out because the power was out. It was Burns on the radio that brought light to the darkness, lol.

I'm right close to Sunnyside, and they got hit good. A big trailer park right there. I'm hearing reports of several buildings down and people trapped in rolled trailers. One lady trapped in her car injured, by power lines on her car. I have 3 sets of friends who would have been as close to the path as we were, so I'm hoping tomorrow brings good news there. Lots of damage to the north of me and to the south in just a few miles via police radio reports. Pretty much followed the same path as a lesser one about 6 years ago. Oops...the lights are blinking... out. T

Dodged the bullet. Can't be sure but from radio reports it went by about a mile or so to the nw. I'll see tomorrow. Don't like those things, never have. Lookout won't like this but Dr. Forbes was showing me the tornado was coming, the weather radio was telling to flee, Dacula's radar had me shaking..it was on the ground a few miles out and coming right at me....and the power went out. All I could do was go outside and look for it. I could see it going by (a darker area with lots of lightening) and figured it was missing us, so I went in and it was Glen MF Burns on the radio that told us we were indeed missed and what was going on. The one to the south was maybe 10 miles out, but they were training and there was no way to know what was happening except for Mr. Burns :) Sorry, Chris, but there it is. My battery driven tv was out because the battery was dead. The modem was out because the power was out. It was Burns on the radio that brought light to the darkness, lol.

I'm right close to Sunnyside, and they got hit good. A big trailer park right there. I'm hearing reports of several buildings down and people trapped in rolled trailers. One lady trapped in her car injured, by power lines on her car. I have 3 sets of friends who would have been as close to the path as we were, so I'm hoping tomorrow brings good news there. Lots of damage to the north of me and to the south in just a few miles via police radio reports. Pretty much followed the same path as a lesser one about 6 years ago. Oops...the lights are blinking... out. T

:thumbsup: Glad to hear you are safe Tony :wub::hug:

Tornado on the ground in Morganton

This tornado passed within 10 miles of my house. The thunder woke me up and I turned on the TV. That's the first time I've been in a tornado warning area in a long time here in the foothills of NC. The hook echo was uncomfortably close so I got the wife and all the kids up and into our safe place downstairs. Fortunately, no damage here.

Currently experiencing a severe T-storm, but no rotation.

Via CNN

Updated at 6:39 a.m. ET] Extreme weather across the southern United States has left at least 173 people dead, according to state officials. The death toll in Mississippi climbed to 32 early Thursday.

[updated at 6:01 a.m. ET] Extreme weather across the southern United States has left at least 159 people dead, according to state officials. The death toll in Alabama climbed to 128 Thursday.

Archived