Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Litchfield Hills and N ORH hills have problems

0C line never makes it past the pike around here (actually the -2C line doesn't either), so I would think places like Wachusett would be looking pretty good.

edit: looks like it does at 69h briefly

0C line never makes it past the pike around here (actually the -2C line doesn't either), so I would think places like Wachusett would be looking pretty good.

This time of year you don't want to be straddling the 0c isotherm... I imagine BL warmth problems and probably even a sneaky mid level warm layer too with things closing off so far west.

Looks like feedback problems...>1.5" precip near Cape Cod in 6 hours?

Robs the cold sector of the storm.

It does have some weirdness going on at 60h out ahead of the main vortmax, so who knows if that is real or not. You can see it near NYC.

http://cmos.metapress.com/content/e127349416635502/

yaakov / jconsor, is there a place we can find / could you post your data on the 72hr and 36-42hr model accuracy "hurdles" (that models face a "test" at 72 hours out as more data is sampled on west coast, and again at 36-42 hrs)? this was referenced somewhere earlier in this thread

i anticipate it will be quite timely tonight

First call is 9-15"

This is a solid forecast given recent model guidance. My gut says this is one for the coastal plain and adjacent hills. It has been cold up here (real cold for the end of March, haven't been above freezing for days), and that makes these model solutions plausible for a late season snowstorm further south and east than climo would dictate. The fact that this looks to occur over a large population of people, who haven't seen a serious snowfall in two months, means it should be relatively high impact, too.

For the model historians... anyone remember the model dance prior to 4/1/97?

Did any models show inland track / coastal huggers?

Did models dance around BM?

Were most models whiffers?

I seem to remember most models showing an out to sea track that trended closer to coast as time approached, with not much support for a coastal hugger... but I could be wrong.

Archived