• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

As a Bills fan, I understand you know all about dodging reality, but I asked you before when you were leaving for AK, are you going to miss the snow?

I'll probably be reclining at some random gate at BDL staring at a monitor of cancelled flights for 12hrs. Bad timing. Hoping it's rain down there and snow here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to have Boston be in the "Historic snow" camp and not the "rain" camp. Can we make that happen?

Same here-- that's one hell of a gradient. According to something I read.... the Euro is like April 1997 but expanded about 100 miles further south.

Hope everything works out Pete, enjoy your trip!!

Me too. It'll be awesome. Can't wait. Always takes a day or two to recalibrate for the BIG mountains. You'd think that skiing tight steep trees all Winter would be preparation enough but when you get out on vast snowfields without any trees it messes with your depth perception. What looks like a 10-20' drop can in reality be a 40+ drop when you get to it. Geronimo!!

DT's snow map looks good, but to match April 1997 is a heck of a feat.

Spots W of ORH would have a chance to match it, because they generally got less than 20" in that storm outside of the Berkshires which got about 2 feet. But from ORH county through metro Boston it would be extremely difficult to match since there were a lot of 30"+ amounts.

Also north of the NH/MA border by about 10 miles it could easily match or exceed it.

Spots W of ORH would have a chance to match it, because they generally got less than 20" in that storm outside of the Berkshires which got about 2 feet. But from ORH county through metro Boston it would be extremely difficult to match since there were a lot of 30"+ amounts.

Also north of the NH/MA border by about 10 miles it could easily match or exceed it.

I should have written a little bit more in my post, yeah I don't think this can be up there for Boston areas or areas on their radius.

What I do think it will be like a bit, for the Berkshires maybe 30+ amounts? Areas like Savory and Florida can rake it up.

How much you want to bet the 00z nam goes batsh*t crazy and is all amped up and gives 128 corridor 2.5" qpf (only to back off again later).

It will probably have one of those hyper-meso-lows that track over the Cape, but its so compact and wrapped up it keeps the CCB over E MA and dumps like 2-3 feet of snow. It had a run like that before the Boxing day storm. I think it was the 18z run on Christmas Eve.

I remember my mom's house had some white pines snapped from that one...

I hope this is a 31-32 paster and not a 27-28 degree powder bomb

I could see this being like 1997 in terms of it starting as a 31F paste and then the hills gradually cool into the upper 20s and it turns more powdery. The first foot or so was wet in 1997 and then the next 20" were actually a lot more powdery. I don't mind that because the trees are still caked from the snow early in the storm.

Archived