• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

Can someone explain to me why we don't take the 18z runs as seriously as the 12z and 00z ones?

Because they've shown some ridiculously extreme solutions this winter and usually are quite different from the 12z and 0z runs.... they've actually had more of a cold bias this winter.... so having the 18z GFS show this kind of solution is a bit weird.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KING FTW, you always used to say this, Joe.

Interesting that the 12z ECM ENS were so far offshore given how tight the GFS wants to track this.

Even 30 miles east is good for the 18z run.

gfs is garbage.

I would bet the house the king will have it right, long ways to go, just having a little 18z gfs fun with some, but its truly garbage.... this may be the last chance for snow for 90% of us, so I am cheering everyone on.

The only thing that was concerning was the 700 track, but that just shows how bad the gfs can be at times, at 12z it was a perfect track to crush the ct coast..........King King King King King King King

gfs is garbage.

I would bet the house the king will have it right, long ways to go, just having a little 18z gfs fun with some, but its truly garbage.... this may be the last chance for snow for 90% of us, so I am cheering everyone on.

The only thing that was concerning was the 700 track, but that just shows how bad the gfs can be at times, at 12z it was a perfect track to crush the ct coast..........King King King King King King King

The 18z breaks continuity more often than not with the 12z and 0z runs.

Looks like you've got a little more than I do here, probably owing to your slightly higher latitude. My lawn is totally bare here at 1150' in Lenox save for some piles in the shady areas, but there are some scattered patches in the woods where it is several inches deep and the ponds are still ice covered (not safely so).

I was on MA-116 in Savoy at 2K earlier today and there's still a solid 8-12" snowpack up there that is shiny and frozen solid. It may be even deeper in the woods away from the road. Heck, they're still ice fishing there as I was driving by a pond near the Savoy/Plainfield line. Great area for snow and cold. By the time I was in Northampton, not a drop of snow with buds on the trees and temps in the mid-40s (no ice on the ponds either). It was 28 at 2K.

High was about 37 with off and on upslope flurries here all afternoon. 12Z Euro slams this areas with major deformation, comma head snows. Verbatim we should do very well.

Hi Mitch, We had some nice flurry action with big dandelion fluff type flakes throughout the day @ 2k. Stayed below freezing as well. What's your take on the snow outlook here? Ice fishing continues on quite a few ponds/lakes here. Starts to get sketchy now as springs can scour the ice out from underneath with no way of knowing when viewed from above. Some meathead usually puts his truck through the ice in March. Last year I think it was on Goose pond.

[/b]

Hi Mitch, We had some nice flurry action with big dandelion fluff type flakes throughout the day @ 2k. Stayed below freezing as well. What's your take on the snow outlook here? Ice fishing continues on quite a few ponds/lakes here. Starts to get sketchy now as springs can scour the ice out from underneath with no way of knowing when viewed from above. Some meathead usually puts his truck through the ice in March. Last year I think it was on Goose pond.

Snow dream ftw? What is your take on this?

Enjoy your trip!

BOX says warmth and rain for you

Although, the office that forecasts for me says it may well be snow.

NEXT STORM MAY IMPACT THE AREA ON TUESDAY AS LOW PRESSURE TRACKS

EAST OUT OF THE OHIO RIVER VALLEY. GFS AND ECMWF ARE IN PRETTY

GOOD AGREEMENT ON TRACKING THIS SYSTEM THROUGH SOUTHERN NEW

ENGLAND...WITH MOST OF OUR AREA REMAINING IN THE COLD AIR. STILL

WAY TO EARLY TO TELL FOR SURE...BUT THERE COULD BE ANOTHER

SNOWFALL EVENT IN NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND.-- End Changed Discussion --

DT just rolled out his prelim thoughts.

And yes he's calling it a HECS.

According to John, the 18z GFS ensembles aren't just farther east than the OP, they're also much flatter than the 12z.... looks like the 18z GFS up to its usual tricks :P

Good sign. Also a good sign that some of our favorites like the GGEM or UKMet aren't wound up over BGM or HPN lol

Yeah I'd be a little more nervous if we had a Hudson Valley cutter or two on our favorite amped up models. Even though its the nogaps, I also like that its hitting ACK right now...that's about where you want it at this time range.

The consensus of the models is in a good spot right now. We just need it to actually track there.

Archived