joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the tone of this forum would be if the 18z GFS came in horrible.

Considering the ensemble guidance is hammering this pretty hard, I don't think people would be too concerned. If the 00z suite laid a turd, that's a different story.

I wonder what the tone of this forum would be if the 18z GFS came in horrible.

dismissive

"18Z runs are always garbage / inadequate sampling", though it was the 18Z run yesterday that really fired up this potential

or better yet, watch the 0z NAM come in intense and west of the consensus

until then, let's relish in the fact that right now, the NAM is truly alone on this one...

Lol, SW CT can't get accumulating snowfall in April?

The 12z GFS and 12z ECM probably give you 6-12", Joe. NYC gets 1.6" of QPF...

I know what the models are giving me Tubes, I dont want it, but I also know that at any other time of the year I would be dying for this, and that the rest of the board wants it, so I am hoping for a win win scenario.

I know what the models are giving me Tubes, I dont want it, but I also know that at any other time of the year I would be dying for this, and that the rest of the board wants it, so I am hoping for a win win scenario.

Big accumulating snow during the day is tough to do in coastal CT. It's not impossible but it's not easy.

Big accumulating snow during the day is tough to do in coastal CT. It's not impossible but it's not easy.

True, but it looks like much of the precip down here comes thur night into the morning fri, unlike much of sne where its during the heating of the day friday.

I'm starting to think a decent portion of this could fall during the predawn and early morning hours where the sun angle will be less of a factor...especially down in S CT where it will come in sooner. It seems the models have been speeding up the timing of this a bit.

Archived