• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

Models have changed a ton and improved significantly since 1997 so I'm not even sure the biases would be the same, either way.

We've actually had two threats this year that trended southeast in the last 48 hours. The early February storm that hit NZucker hard and that system last week. It's not always a forgone conclusion that the models will trend northwest in the last 48 or 72 hours.

thanks!

my lay-impression has been that deeper low pressures tend to trend more NW / more easily overcome HP as we approach the event... i don't know the physics behind it.

i think SE trends may have occurred more than NW trends this season, but I'd have to go systematically storm by storm to know for sure.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to waste a post on this but it might be worth it for people to kill like 20-30 minutes before the models tonight...

Matt Noyes has a pretty good video discussion on his website that was just recorded from 640-7 http://www.mattnoyes...ngland_weather/ Just scroll down to his tech discussion on Tuesday March 29. Also he has precip maps for Euro on there for us amateurs that dont pay for it. Also he says with no strong high its going to be very hard for towns to hold on to snow... talks about rain/snow line up to central NH maybe

good watch and learn...

Thanks,

Not wasted on me - that was a good tutorial/explanation from Noyes about some of the dynamics that could be in play with this potential coastal storm.

It will be interesting to see what kind of latitudinal component, if at all, develops on that coastal front if this comes to pass. I would assume my job in Newburyport will probably do better than my place in Brookline but both are still on the CP. A guy at work told me he had 5" at his house in Amesbury but nothing at work.

Where you in Brookline 4/1/97?

I can't stand DST when there's a reason to watch the models. It really kills my schedule, lol.

I've been lobbying for DST to be adjusted to Late April to Late October, because a 6 month DST makes much more sense, especially since people use the time change to change their smoke detector and CO batteries. It makes no sense to have DST start in early March.

Hey I'm stealing someones internet here at my Aunt's development in Ocala. ;) Pete it's looking better for GC I take it.....

Nasty here ...muggy... makes me feel sleepy all the time. I'll be back northwest of DC by Friday afternoon so maybe catch the tail end there.

Are you still on double secret probation? 5 posts a day? Geez powers that be, have a heart.

LOL, Scott, sometimes the models actually do a good job.

I've been lobbying for DST to be adjusted to Late April to Late October, because a 6 month DST makes much more sense, especially since people use the time change to change their smoke detector and CO batteries. It makes no sense to have DST start in early March.

Your right, Weekend of easter or the week before always worked fine

Are you still on double secret probation? 5 posts a day? Geez powers that be, have a heart.

LOL, Scott, sometimes the models actually do a good job.

It was at about this point last threat when you ripped me about my comment suggesting a south trend. In fairness you were totally wrong, the storm mostly whiffed.

Unfortunately they have been making it longer and longer. Maybe people in the South like it. I felt it was kinda surreal the other day when I was out in 28F, wind chills like single digits and daylight at 7 PM. Then dark at 6:30 AM when I had to go outside and do chores.

I am totally perplexed, king op and ens look much more realistic to me, gfs ens and op are not even close to one another nor is the ggem.

This looks like a huge snowbomb for the interior to me.

When in doubt, Side with the Euro, That looks reasonable right now, Until the 0z run.

wow, been a while since i've been on here guys (early Feb?)

good to see everyone back, and i'm wrapping up my senior year at school.

in terms of Friday's event,

I don't think we should discount the NAM just yet based on its good performance with last Friday's event (until it choked 24 hours out)...still a pretty good hit for april standards anyway

i'm in for the long haul tonight...EURO at 2am? (fook daylight savings)

Well, that would beat my Jan 12 amount :thumbsup: Too bad it is the Insane Clown Product (ICP you Juggalos!)

I have a feeling this one might be yours...I somehow managed to beat you in the 1/12 and 1/27 storms by several inches with the banding just S of you....but I'm starting to think that your area might be close to ground zero for this one. I'd like to see 00z models come in favorable though...still uneasy at 60 hours out right now.

thanks!

my lay-impression has been that deeper low pressures tend to trend more NW / more easily overcome HP as we approach the event... i don't know the physics behind it.

i think SE trends may have occurred more than NW trends this season, but I'd have to go systematically storm by storm to know for sure.

Norm MacDonald, the old school tv met used to say "The big storms hug the coast".

Good luck with that--I'd say we're stuck with this new 8 month schedule....

I have a feeling this one might be yours...I somehow managed to beat you in the 1/12 and 1/27 storms by several inches with the banding just S of you....but I'm starting to think that your area might be close to ground zero for this one. I'd like to see 00z models come in favorable though...still uneasy at 60 hours out right now.

Lots of runs left. My wife is pissed, but what ya gonna do!

Also, Wachusett closes at 4PM Sunday so to ski that day I have to buy a $10 pass. Scrooges!

This will be a late night for many. Tips data should start coming in soon?

Even with some relatively low elevations around here everything I've seen model wise today points to a good hit for all of Franklin Co. an N. Orh Co.

Although I'm sure if I get 5"-10" Mike, Pete and Dave will all have double that. 1000'+ will do that. lol.

Archived