• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential widespread snow event for Wednesday Night through Thursday.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Will..if you see this, what would you say was the best thing that you took away from the SWFE of the winters of '07-'08 and '08-'09? In other words, what really benefited you from these discussions and forecasting SWFE?

I wasn't on the boards until '08, but I did creep around and lurk during '07. I guess a couple of things I took from those events were timing, mixing, and model biases. The model biases were pretty evident in '07-'08. Once we got the -PNA/+NAO pattern, the GFS was always too far southeast, the NAM too cold even 24 hrs out, and the euro seemed to have the best handle on the sleet line flying northeast. Every storm was a little different, but the rule that I have of a sneaky warm layer above 800mb always trying to ruin the party, actually came from those storms..lol. It worked with the second part of 2/2 this year. There are others, but I'm curious as to what you took the most out of those winters. I really wish I was on in '07-'08. My first real met discussion was during the icestorm and I thought the post mortem was just a classic. I hope you saved some of the dialogue.

Bump for Will.

You guys started bickering when you called him out on his snow depth back in February. It was fine until you then called him out on his incident last year as some sort of means so justify your argument. That was a personal attack and more than enough to warrant a suspension. We're pretty lenient here so nothing was done. I'd drop it if I were you.

You cannot recall one post where I said anything like that. Show me, show us. It's a fabrication, you know it and I do too.

However, I can recall about 3-4 posts since that Ray has obviously trolled me since and no one said a word.

So messengers trolling is "douchebag" among other things but you mimmicking his behavior isn't? At least messenger isn't kumbaya over ever little long-range fantasy trying to stretch it into 6-10", I think his MO is fine...some balance of opinion is necessary (even if trolling a little)

You cannot recall one post where I said anything like that. Show me, show us. It's a fabrication, you know it and I do too.

However, I can recall about 3-4 posts since that Ray has obviously trolled me since and no one said a word.

So messengers trolling is "douchebag" among other things but you mimmicking his behavior isn't? At least messenger isn't kumbaya over ever little long-range fantasy trying to stretch it into 6-10", I think his MO is fine...some balance of opinion is necessary (even if trolling a little)

i remember that post.

its not an easy one to forget to be honest.

i dont know you, or any of you, and i enjoy most of your posts.....but i was surprised you werent suspended.

i remember that post.

its not an easy one to forget to be honest.

i dont know you, or any of you, and i enjoy most of your posts.....but i was surprised you werent suspended.

I have to 100% agree here. I think this is silly but I 100% agree with Ray, Will, you, etc.

If I was a moderator Birving would be gone or at least suspended.

anyway, flurries here. Another cold March day.

same thing again yesterday i left my house with an inch of snow going down 291 there was a light dusting then got to ludlow and nothing usually its the opposite

so roughly five to ten miles south of hartford there was light snow last night...generally an inch with more two inch amounts se ct and then locally three inch lollies in sw ri??? that sound right?

since monday i have had .6 inches here bringing me up to exactly 69 inches for the season. Agawam has had a few inches though and they are just a few miles away!

.5 Monday and .1 yesterday

Kevin drives me insane sometimes but I know alot of it is almost defensive trolling from other people... and when I'm bored somedays I just jab at him for the hell of it.

Ray only pushes my buttons when he goes into paint snuffing mode about the weather.. like earlier this winter when I was telling him to keep the faith.

There's only a few that I will go to war with.. I can't stand know it alls on the off topic side

Jay, I have called for a good winter all along....last year I was unbearable, but not this season.

Allright, lets just drop it....clean slate; no more digs either way.

Oh boy haha. Do you remember post storm after BOS got pounded by the CF and you got less than half of my total and I had 19-20" at home... you were in terrorist mode.. winter was over LOL

OK....I'll grant you that; I was thinking that was my one blip, too.

But I held true to my word and gave it a rest after that epic stretch.

I was obnoxious for that, but that was the exception this season.

They were perfect dendrites...but huge. They were "Hooked" together and they were dry. They weren't golfball sized slushballs like you often see when you have radar echoes like that in snow.

Probably #5 favorite storm for me - not a bad rank at all.

Kevin drives me insane sometimes but I know alot of it is almost defensive trolling from other people... and when I'm bored somedays I just jab at him for the hell of it.

Ray only pushes my buttons when he goes into paint snuffing mode about the weather.. like earlier this winter when I was telling him to keep the faith.

There's only a few that I will go to war with.. I can't stand know it alls on the off topic side

How do I drive you insane?

Archived