• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential widespread snow event for Wednesday Night through Thursday.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man what a snowy week shaping up. Could be a nice warning event on Wed nite/ Thursday..Long duration too

Definitely on the positive anomaly side for snow production post the ides of March, Kevin. Spring now by both calendars... weather pattern has other intentions.

Thursday's system looks to have an impressive deformation cut-off... The question - 64,000 worth - is where does that axis align? Obviously as modeled Dendrite gets boned while Kevin, undeservingly so spoiled this season beyond the dreams of avarice, get's upwards of 8" or more strictly using the NAM's QPF totals and figuring for limited ptype contamination.

About that, between Japan's mortal disaster and Kevin, being the most irrational snow zealot obsesser of them all getting endlessly what appeases him like Homer in hell with the donut stuffing machine, I think are pretty shimmering reminders of a godless universe. There's even a subtle signal in there nearing 80 hours for a lingering llv convergence ...almost a Norlun like feature, extending from the low as it moves over the BM back W to Mt Tolland, specifically, and like ... noone else. Creepy.

That may not be the last event of this last winter hurrah. As has been discussed often enough - and I started a thread about this my self last week - this era has been potent enough in the teleconnectors. As of the overnight runs that remains. We have a convergent signal with -NAO (of at least moderate west versus east placement) together with a nice 6-10 day positive PNA interval. The best expresion of that temporal nexus takes place between the 27th and the 30th of this month. At this time, the deterministic model runs are disagreeing on the extent of cyclogenesis along the EC, but more amplitude would be favored. Just something to keep an eye on over the next couple few days.

Definitely on the positive anomaly side for snow production post the ides of March, Kevin. Spring now by both calendars... weather pattern has other intentions.

Thursday's system looks to have an impressive deformation cut-off... The question - 64,000 worth - is where does that axis align? Obviously as modeled Dendrite gets boned while Kevin, undeservingly so spoiled this season beyond the dreams of avarice, get's upwards of 8" or more strictly using the NAM's QPF totals and figuring for limited ptype contamination.

About that, between Japan's mortal disaster and Kevin, being the most irrational snow zealot obsesser of them all getting endlessly what appeases him like Homer in hell with the donut stuffing machine, I think are pretty shimmering reminders of a godless universe. There's even a subtle signal in there nearing 80 hours for a lingering llv convergence ...almost a Norlun like feature, extending from the low as it moves over the BM back W to Mt Tolland, specifically, and like ... noone else. Creepy.

That may not be the last event of this last winter hurrah. As has been discussed often enough - and I started a thread about this my self last week - this era has been potent enough in the teleconnectors. As of the overnight runs that remains. We have a convergent signal with -NAO (of at least moderate west versus east placement) together with a nice 6-10 day positive PNA interval. The best expresion of that temporal nexus takes place between the 27th and the 30th of this month. At this time, the deterministic model runs are disagreeing on the extent of cyclogenesis along the EC, but more amplitude would be favored. Just something to keep an eye on over the next couple few days.

Possibly one of your best posts ever. The basic summation of it all means heavy heavy snow...and heavy heavy coat wearings for you

Back flips off the tobin bridge if it doesn't work out.

:lmao:

Nah... actually the opposite. Once that 70F day kissed my napes last Friday my heart wilted for winter ever more. I don't think I could be more done with this season, despite impressive appeal out of doors right now. But ... one thing I won't do is confuse my druthers with analytics and general fascination with the weather - I keep those 2 facet well disconnected.

Having said that ... I admit to being pretty impressed by what may very well turn out to be an incredible 10 days stretch here if things break right. We may bet clocked on Thursday, then if that teleconnectors hold any merit something potentially even bigger after that. We'll see.

Definitely a good deformation area on the models, well north of the good QPF, so a red flag right there. I like how the NAM is wrapped up too, and not pointing a middle finger back at SNE as it departs. It tries to wrap up a CCB.

Haven't been following much...I can't deny I'm a bit of a borderline warmista and mentally check out of winter by mid-March...but today's event has piqued my interest, just in the sense it's over performed a bit in CT. Obviously climatology against us here in the CP, so today has offered nothing but cold rain, and maybe a few mangled flakes...but later this week does look interesting. Fingers crossed Snowman.gif

Definitely nice to see the bump north in the mid-levels to put us in line for some decent frontogenesis and ML deformation snow. Hopefully we can get it a bit better organized like the NAM (but slightly north with the main commahead)...

Lundberg all over it.. Chuck em high chuck em far..chuck em into each others eye

Snow will fall again tomorrow night into Wednesday over the interior Northeast as the storm is forced to cut south of New England. Areas from northeastern Pennsylvania and at least the southern tier of New York over to interior southern and central New England could be looking at more than a half of a foot of snow from that second storm, with some 'lollipop' amounts closer to a foot over the higher ground.

Lundberg all over it.. Chuck em high chuck em far..chuck em into each others eye

Snow will fall again tomorrow night into Wednesday over the interior Northeast as the storm is forced to cut south of New England. Areas from northeastern Pennsylvania and at least the southern tier of New York over to interior southern and central New England could be looking at more than a half of a foot of snow from that second storm, with some 'lollipop' amounts closer to a foot over the higher ground.

Thats tuesday night into wed? I thought it was a wed/thus deal?

Archived