• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential widespread snow event for Wednesday Night through Thursday.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not until the threat of snow is over..and next week we have a legit shot

What was up with your lapse into summer mode a few weeks ago? I was shocked. I though being that close to 100" you would have been holding out for snow threats longer than Pete. LOL.

I think we do get one more advisory level or better event to finish. This winter can't go out that meekly.

Wow, last night got a little crazy in here!

It's a little disappointing. I know I'm new on this board and usually have no idea what you folks are talking about re the weather, but it's always been an informative and pretty friendly place to be. I've also enjoyed a lot of the banter, but last night seemed much more mean-spirited than usual.

Personal attacks shouldn't exist on a weather forum. That's just silly.

=\

Alright well this disaster of a thread is done.

You may have not been around when I had it out with Kevin and Ray. It was like 2-3 years ago. Some board personalities just don't meld well together and sometimes it's just best to leave disagreements behind and not dwell on an opinion one way or the other. My problem is I get along with everyone and don't like to take sides.

You may have not been around when I had it out with Kevin and Ray. It was like 2-3 years ago. Some board personalities just don't meld well together and sometimes it's just best to leave disagreements behind and not dwell on an opinion one way or the other. My problem is I get along with everyone and don't like to take sides.

Bob, any disagreements we have ever had were of the trivial variety and no one was ever personally attacked.

No issue at all w you...sh** happens.

:weenie:

Bob, any disagreements we have ever had were of the trivial variety and no one was ever personally attacked.

No issue at all w you...sh** happens.

Agreed. Why anyone would not get along with everyone here, especially in SNE, is beyond me. It's too bad many don't make an effort to come to our GTS's.

:weenie:

Yes I am.

Yeah the NWS went pretty conservative on the 2/24 storm....I think they were in the 8" range for Middlebury and I mentioned to skierinvermont that I thought 20" was possible with that finger of lift shooting up the Hudson/Champlain Valleys.

I was curious so I went back and looked at their records. I generally like BTV and think they do a great job, but this was one of their poorer forecasts. It was very marginal, but everything worked out and the CPV got hammered.

Prior to 4am (12+ hour lead) there was no watch and no warning (anticipating less than 6")

4am on the 23rd (12 hours prior to the event) they issued a watch for 4-8" in the Champlain Valley.

11am (6 hour lead) on the 23rd they upped it to a warning for 4-8" for the CPV

4pm on the 23rd they continue warning for 4-8" for the CPV. Snow was beginning across the region.

8pm on the 23rd they upped it to 6-12" for the Champlain Valley

At 4 am on the 24th (I believe after the event started) they upped it to 8-12" for the CPV

At 10 am on the 24th they upped it to 10-20"

Ended up with 20" I think most of the CPV got 12-22". BTV had 14".

Kevin drives me insane sometimes but I know alot of it is almost defensive trolling from other people... and when I'm bored somedays I just jab at him for the hell of it.

Ray only pushes my buttons when he goes into paint snuffing mode about the weather.. like earlier this winter when I was telling him to keep the faith.

There's only a few that I will go to war with.. I can't stand know it alls on the off topic side

Agreed. Why anyone would not get along with everyone here, especially in SNE, is beyond me. It's too bad many don't make an effort to come to our GTS's.

Yes I am.

I've said that all along. All he has to do is come to a GTG..Just one..Instead of the excuses and stories..just balls up and come. Meet us..If you still have problems afterwards..well then stretch your sac over your head and hide

Brian, whatever happened...happened. It's probably just best to let it go..or PM about it. It's just going to incite more anger.

I let it go, that is the problem I had last night, Ray has been trolling me for three weeks on and off and I"ve ignored every post of his doing so....yet no one wants to see that part of it. It's the same routine here. heh

You are 100% correct, that was weakness on my part.

so roughly five to ten miles south of hartford there was light snow last night...generally an inch with more two inch amounts se ct and then locally three inch lollies in sw ri??? that sound right?

since monday i have had .6 inches here bringing me up to exactly 69 inches for the season. Agawam has had a few inches though and they are just a few miles away!

.5 Monday and .1 yesterday

I let it go, that is the problem I had last night, Ray has been trolling me for three weeks on and off and I"ve ignored every post of his doing so....yet no one wants to see that part of it. It's the same routine here. heh

You are 100% correct, that was weakness on my part.

You guys started bickering when you called him out on his snow depth back in February. It was fine until you then called him out on his incident last year as some sort of means so justify your argument. That was a personal attack and more than enough to warrant a suspension. We're pretty lenient here so nothing was done. I'd drop it if I were you.

Archived