gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah maybe the last snow I'll see till October...tho you never know. :) I was coming up from FL and have to be at my cousins in Silver Spring tomorrow so I figured a little diversion out here...... It's a pretty area.

don't forget to stop by Ward Circle, DC and get Ian to sign your passport out of town

p.s. watch out for the Indians

I'm out here in Canaan Valley, WV now..... Snow and 26F. It looks like 2.5 to maybe 3 inches has fallen. :snowman::thumbsup:

Welcome to the area!

Looks like some flakes here for the rest of the day, a brief break tonight, then a pretty good thump tomorrow and tomorrow evening, before a big warm up Sunday into Monday.

It did snow in Carroll County. I measured 3.5" this morning, mostly on grassy areas and cars but some did stick on the road for a while. They did have to plow my street. Measured a little over an inch from round 1 the other night. It was 32 degrees when I left for work at 7am. I live in one of the highest elevation and snowiest regions of Carroll County though and often times my area is a snow maximum. I am at 1005 feet elevation in the northeast corner of the county. The snow decreased quickly as I headed south on 30 this morning. By the time I got to the south side of Hampstead about 10 miles south of me and 800 feet in elevation there was barely a coating on the ground. Seems the highest points in the northern part of the county did the best, highly elevation dependent. I don't mind some questioning the ammounts it happens everytime but I have to remind poeple there is a reason northern Carroll County averages almost 40".

It did snow in Carroll County. I measured 3.5" this morning, mostly on grassy areas and cars but some did stick on the road for a while. They did have to plow my street. Measured a little over an inch from round 1 the other night. It was 32 degrees when I left for work at 7am. I live in one of the highest elevation and snowiest regions of Carroll County though and often times my area is a snow maximum. I am at 1005 feet elevation in the northeast corner of the county. The snow decreased quickly as I headed south on 30 this morning. By the time I got to the south side of Hampstead about 10 miles south of me and 800 feet in elevation there was barely a coating on the ground. Seems the highest points in the northern part of the county did the best, highly elevation dependent. I don't mind some questioning the ammounts it happens everytime but I have to remind poeple there is a reason northern Carroll County averages almost 40".

no one cares about hilltop snow. :P

It did snow in Carroll County. I measured 3.5" this morning, mostly on grassy areas and cars but some did stick on the road for a while. They did have to plow my street. Measured a little over an inch from round 1 the other night. It was 32 degrees when I left for work at 7am. I live in one of the highest elevation and snowiest regions of Carroll County though and often times my area is a snow maximum. I am at 1005 feet elevation in the northeast corner of the county. The snow decreased quickly as I headed south on 30 this morning. By the time I got to the south side of Hampstead about 10 miles south of me and 800 feet in elevation there was barely a coating on the ground. Seems the highest points in the northern part of the county did the best, highly elevation dependent. I don't mind some questioning the amounts it happens everytime but I have to remind poeple there is a reason northern Carroll County averages almost 40".

Thanks for the added clarification. I just never realized how much elevation change there is outside of the Apps.

I suppose my forecast was still pretty good if you don't count isolated amounts on the highest elevations :weight_lift: This will be a fun one to verify.

md-snow-avg.gif

Thanks for the added clarification. I just never realized how much elevation change there is outside of the Apps.

I suppose my forecast was still pretty good if you don't count isolated amounts on the highest elevations :weight_lift: This will be a fun one to verify.

Its really just one area, Parrs Ridge, which is really a few ridges that run SW to NE from northwest Montgomery County MD up through Carroll County and into extreme northern Baltimore County, then into southeast central PA. THe area averages from 750 to 1100 feet and gets significantly more snow then the surrounding area even to the west and north.

ive heard it is mild in europe currently

I heard we're still on for 70s Monday :sun:

GFSX MOS (MEX)
KDCA   GFSX MOS GUIDANCE   4/01/2011  1200 UTC                       
FHR  24  36| 48  60| 72  84| 96 108|120 132|144 156|168 180|192      
     SAT 02| SUN 03| MON 04| TUE 05| WED 06| THU 07| FRI 08|SAT CLIMO
N/X  36  56| 40  56| 46  71| 56  67| 39  61| 46  69| 48  70| 52 40 63

I heard we're still on for 70s Monday :sun:

GFSX MOS (MEX)
KDCA   GFSX MOS GUIDANCE   4/01/2011  1200 UTC                   	
FHR  24  36| 48  60| 72  84| 96 108|120 132|144 156|168 180|192      
     SAT 02| SUN 03| MON 04| TUE 05| WED 06| THU 07| FRI 08|SAT CLIMO
N/X  36  56| 40  56| 46  71| 56  67| 39  61| 46  69| 48  70| 52 40 63

with everything speeding up im tempted to go mid-upper 70s on monday. it looks really warm on latest runs.

Archived