gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like we have about 2" of snow here in Front Royal, VA @ 1600 ft. It is coming down lightly, with most accumulation being isolated to grass/decks/cars.

I see the mountain tops are white this morning. Signal Knob is beautiful with a very striking snow-line. Not a flake on the valley floor.

Are you on the east or south side of FR?

People need to start posting their elevations, heh. I'm looking at the traffic cams in PA/MD and only a select few are showing accumulations.

Or just look at where they are in their profile too. There is a lot of elevation in the region which I am sure you know so not sure why this is a surprise to you, RE: snow

Or just look at where they are in their profile too. There is a lot of elevation in the region which I am sure you know so not sure why this is a surprise to you, RE: snow

It's just odd if places in Carroll County got 1.5" of snow... looked like rain virtually the whole time up in that area.

---

Looks like rain/show showers are trying to back-build into northern MD just a little bit.

It's just odd if places in Carroll County got 1.5" of snow... looked like rain virtually the whole time up in that area.

---

Looks like rain/show showers are trying to back-build into northern MD just a little bit.

It is odd for this of the year but not so odd in this type of system. Radar does a *****y job picking up in some of the higher terrain out there. But its normal for Hunt Valley to have rain and go 3 miles north and it is snowing and an inch on the ground.

---

Are you questioning their obs?? Carrol County schools went in late, so ... if definitely snowed.

I guess if I'm wrong I'm wrong... just didn't seem cold enough up that way for it to switch over and produce 1.5"

It did and yes Mapgirl is correct. They had a two hr delay in Carroll county. I 83 was slick and so was 140 snow covered for a period of time.

So yeah i guess you were wrong :guitar:

It did and yes Mapgirl is correct. They had a two hr delay in Carroll county. I 83 was slick and so was 140 snow covered for a period of time.

So yeah i guess you were wrong :guitar:

lol @ overperformer compared to my map... I thought I was being bullish at putting dusting-1" through central MD :arrowhead:

EDIT: Also, DT fail :P

View of the snow-line seen on Signal Knob this morning looking south from Middletown. I've hiked that to the top before, but don't remember the exact elevation. I think it's around 1500 - 1600 ft.

Edit*

Can't seem to attach the picture.

if u didnt resize it it may be too large a file

Are you questioning their obs?? Carrol County schools went in late, so ... if definitely snowed.

Carroll County has some pretty good elevation in the western and northern parts of the county, so it's not surprising with this type of system. Where my brother lives, they're at an elevation of almost 900'.

Carroll County has some pretty good elevation in the western and northern parts of the county, so it's not surprising with this type of system. Where my brother lives, they're at an elevation of almost 900'.

I wasn't questioning the snow obs - Mark was. I know how the elevation is up there.

Archived