• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3.5-6 obs and discussion - rain! (and some snow!)

Ian

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man did we just miss this baby or what? Drop it 100 miles south east and it would be feb 10/10 all over again. That pivot in south central pa is sweet!

overperformers happen.. just not that often it seems. ;)

we were watching the possibility all week, the surface low just ended up taking a pretty good track for east of the apps and then the 500 energy is swinging through in a pretty ideal fashion as well. maxed potential.

Funny...first "event" this season where I haven't done better than most for our region. Still drizzle here--didn't check before dusk, but still had a tiny square yard of leftover snow in the plow pile at the end of the drive around mid-day (dense stuff left over from the 1/26 event mostly)

WOOOW.

WOOOW

Anybody still awake get outside at least for 5 minutes. It is soo beautifyl outside. There is a coating on the grass and bushes here just enuogh for it to be perfect. The snow is coming down heavily with moderately sized flakes. Truly beautiful sight.

One of our contractors just came in and his truck is covered in snow. I asked him where he lives and he said Brown town in the Shenandoah valley. He said he got 4-5 inches. From the looks of his truck, I believe it.

He must live high up on the mountain side below the Shenandoah Natl Park. No one in the valley record 4-5" of snow. Browntown is at the bottom of the mountain in the northern shenandoah valley. Even star Tannery , VA which is over 1000 feet up got an inch or so.

Surprised at the Bluemont, VA report of 2.5", NWS employee sent that one in, impressive but also I can beleive it since the LoCo sheriff dept last night was saying Rt 7 was a mess with cars off the road late last night.

About a half inch here. Was a nice surprise except for my kids schools being delayed again.

Yeah, I was somewhere around 3/4 of an inch. Odd how the snow depth changed every half mile or so on the way to work. One section just north of James Wood HS looked like they had at least double what I had, and the mountains that border the county to the west looked like they had quite a bit of snow. I guess elevation was a biggie in this one.

Archived