• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3.5-6 obs and discussion - rain! (and some snow!)

Ian

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any stronger bursts on the backedge of the system and you'll certainly have a shot at getting some snow I'd have thought, or at least general wintryness.

Also interestingly a couple of tornado watches in place as well probably for the strong bands moving through.

Hope you get a good burst. You have night advantage now too.

Still snowing here.

Over 3" and now 30.3

Thanks. Nice day for you and yours up there in Hardy Co.

I spent much of the day messing with the seeds, sprouts and plants in the dining room. If not for that, and the $3.70 gas, I might have chased it today.

Accumulating nicely now here as snow has become heavier. Cars covered, mulch and grass becoming so. 33.5 degrees.

Sometimes when researching old climate data, you come across these days that say the high/low was 56/33 and then you see 2" of snow reported, and it makes you question the snow measurement. Today is an example of how that happens.

Godwin Middle School WeatherBug showing 33 degrees, 31 dewpoint.

It's getting COLD out there even though I know this is an all RAIN event for MBY, absolutely NO MIXING AT ALL - midlevel drying should encroach any second, now that the temp is getting closer to freezing

That radar is unbelievable http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php SO MUCH PRECIP yet to go - and that temp is getting so close to freezing with strong CAA - who knows what may happen later on - perhaps a little sleet mixing with the rain before ending?

EDIT --------------- I see that back edge screaming toward me at 99000 miles per second - Need to REFRESH my weenie radar one in a while geeze.

Yeah - it's about to shut off.

Archived