• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3.5-6 obs and discussion - rain! (and some snow!)

Ian

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's been pretty nice... Enjoyed running the errands this afternoon.

temps pretty much into the 60s everywhere now except near the water etc. another mos bust.

I'm not quite sure what to expect here. If we get convective stuff overhead for any time perhaps we'll top 1", otherwise I'd probably lean in the .5-1" range for the cities. the nam has a heck of a gradient.

Anyone driving to NY state. Elmira 10-15?

My parents live up that way... I'm sure they'll appreciate another 10" of snow to go into the top 5 snowiest winters on record (at least 30" above normal... we're talking 150" or more before today).

I just scheduled myself to be out and about all afternoon tomorrow. Yay for searching for a new place to live.

Currently 32.6F with moderate snow coming down with big, wet flakes about the size of quarters. The deck and grass are covered, 0.3" of snow on deck railing. The back edge of precip is almost here though. This back edge of snow is giving a nice reality check that winter isn't over yet.:)

The front came through around 1:30AM and the rain changed over to snow at 5AM.

0.54" of rain up to midnight

0.80" of rain since midnight

0.12" from melted snow in the gauge funnel

1.46" total as of 6AM

Going back 10 days, my backyard has had 4.69" of precip saturating the ground. Thankfully there were stretches of dry weather that reduced the flooding potential.

More snow falling than forecast seems to be the observation of the hour.

Snow is falling at good rates in a line already west of Morgantown, Clarksburg, Beckley, Bluefield WV, and already to Wytheville Va with pretty heavy snow already falling and on the ground back to Tazewell, Lebanon, and Wise in VA. The new NAM is pretty bullish on snow for NW VA, and even it is behind with the progress of the cold air.

Archived