• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3.5-6 obs and discussion - rain! (and some snow!)

Ian

what the heck is going on just east of Frederick? Looks like a deluge, if it were summer I would say strong thunderstorm.

must be some convergence zone or something.. probably snow in the heaviest zone.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pernam we have another .7

yeah, but....

that's the total from 7PM-1AM

from 10PM-1AM only this much falls

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/namp03/00/images/nam_p03_006m.gif

then a hair more that should fall as light snow/flurries for most east of the Bay after 1AM

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/namp03/00/images/nam_p03_009m.gif

did everything melt once the rates lowered, what's your temp?

Nah, the snow is still sticking the grass, wood and grill covers and cars, anything non paved surfaces it is sticking

Nearest wx bug says 30.9

My DP 2 station says 31.7

I see LWX extended the winter weather advisory further east for all of Frederick counties in VA to the Loudoun/Clarke county line as well now and points down I 81 and southeast into Rappahannock county

haha, just checked...its like 50% sleet out there!, not sure how long this has been the case. Assumed it had been rain the whole time :lol:

i thought i heard a ping or two but it seems like mostly rain and i cant be bothered to go outside

Been under that 30+dbz stuff for the past hour. Steady wet snow with big flakes. Asphalt now starting to get covered. Grass is white with a slushy accumulation. 33 degres, with radar looking good for the next few hours.

1) CONGRATS on your snow

2) I am JEALOUS as all hell

3) West Virginia is the Shizzle

I wish I lived there

1) CONGRATS on your snow

2) I am JEALOUS as all hell

3) West Virginia is the Shizzle

I wish I lived there

Jeb,

1) Thanks

2) You live in NE Virginia, in the heart of the "Sun-kissed mid-atlantic"

3) Places are cheap; you know people up this way. The place suits you. Make a move.

Its Almost Heaven :bike:

Jeb,

1) Thanks

2) You live in NE Virginia, in the heart of the "Sun-kissed mid-atlantic"

3) Places are cheap; you know people up this way. The place suits you. Make a move.

Its Almost Heaven :bike:

I have met a lot of people in eastern West Virginia - They don't know me as Jeb nor do they know I love snow - But I already have fallen deeply in love with eastern West Virginia.

They are the greatest folks I have ever met in my life. That place is taking over my entire life. It is so bad - I don't even want to go to Texas to see my relatives.

Winds here are really picking up btw - we may need a wind advisory from the sounds of it

There is an expanding area of precip to my southwest. Temps are near 32 degrees - and winds are really picking up - i went out into the back to check my rain bucket - 3.1 inches of rain and the winds are just ROARING overhead - The tree two yards down is bending waaaaaay over - I am no meteorologist, what is going on? The cloud deck has not lifted either - It is very low in fact with all these low whitish clouds moving very fast.

I'd say something is afoot. Like this storm might have a trick or two up it's freezing cold sleeve yet

There is an expanding area of precip to my southwest. Temps are near 32 degrees - and winds are really picking up - i went out into the back to check my rain bucket - 3.1 inches of rain and the winds are just ROARING overhead - The tree two yards down is bending waaaaaay over - I am no meteorologist, what is going on? The cloud deck has not lifted either - It is very low in fact with all these low whitish clouds moving very fast.

I'd say something is afoot. Like this storm might have a trick or two up it's freezing cold sleeve yet

This area of Germantown sucks for wind, maybe 10-15mph here.

Archived