• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3.5-6 obs and discussion - rain! (and some snow!)

Ian

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHOA!!! NNE Wind Gust to 34 mph!!! Refreshing wind chills!! Not bad for early March!!! :

RT 7 into RT 9 is an incredible place - I have driven that way SO MANY TIMES since July 2008 - and I can't even begin to count how many times I start seeing snow on the ground near Dulles Airport then the areal coverage increases along RT 7 ESPECIALLY WEST OF THE RT 7 SKYWAY ---- WOW what an excellent place to live!!! Visibilities must be ZERO with snowflakes blowing all over the place right now!!!!!

I love RT 9 from the very bottom of my snow weenie heart - I would gladly and with tears sell all my friends to the Libyan regime FOR LIFE, just for five minutes on RT 9 right now - Can you even begin to imagine all the snowflakes blowing sideways in N winds blasting gusts to over 35 mph!!!!! With absolutely REFRESHING wind chills in the teens and single digits!!!!!!!!!!

That is where I live - at 9 and 7

That is where I live - at 9 and 7

I can still remember last mid February when I personally saw snowpacks in that area of well over two feet --- possibly near 32 inches --- and that was on a level !!!!

There were places along RT 9 last Feb that sported INCREDIBLE drifts that had been notched through by plows. I'd drive by and all I could say was WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW lol. Mannings is a local precip maxima - There are many places in the mountains that have local maxima caused by local quirks in the topology - Mannings is definitely one of them - In Feb 2010 it was just so obvious - They always had more snow. I saw cars parked between huge piles of snow, cars parked in canyons of snow - Just unbelievable

RT 7 / RT 9 is a truly AMAZING place! RT 9 will have areal snow cover when RT 28 and the Prince William Parkway won't have squat.

I LOVE RT 9 SO MUCH!!!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I can still remember last mid February when I personally saw snowpacks in that area of well over two feet --- possibly near 32 inches --- and that was on a level !!!!

There were places along RT 9 last Feb that sported INCREDIBLE drifts that had been notched through by plows. I'd drive by and all I could say was WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW lol. Mannings is a local precip maxima - There are many places in the mountains that have local maxima caused by local quirks in the topology - Mannings is definitely one of them - In Feb 2010 it was just so obvious - They always had more snow. I saw cars parked between huge piles of snow, cars parked in canyons of snow - Just unbelievable

RT 7 / RT 9 is a truly AMAZING place! RT 9 will have areal snow cover when RT 28 and the Prince William Parkway won't have squat.

I LOVE RT 9 SO MUCH!!!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I live on Rt 9, after rt 287, about 2 miles from Hillsboro, pouring snow right now...

don't hog it all

lolz - Yeah man, I know the feeling - It is just tearing me apart realizing I actually had a chance to go up there at 545am this morning - I'll NEVER be able to get over this.

I really need to learn to read models correctly - Instead of just fucking away my entire damned life, frittering it all completely away with bad timing and inability to read models correctly.

I should have dragged my sorry ass outta that rack this morning and gone up there when I had the chance - I coulda caught up on sleep there but damn for a precious chance to see real SNOW on RT 9 - I wimped out and misread the damn models! I am more sorry than those frackin Redskins!! I LOSE, EVERY TIME!axesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.png

why wont this sh*t come east? I have a huge meeting tomorrow that will really dictate my future... please give me some gold before my life changes.

If you haven't noticed, there is absolutely nothing precipitating above you. Let the CAA do its work, slowly. Because that's the only way its going to happen. :P

Archived