• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

I predict youll be adding March 1956 to your analog list ;)

Its been talked about since before the beginning of winter. It also began with a very positive AO that swung to the negative after the first few days of March, like many are predicting this one will do. Its actually a really good ENSO match.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw...I may be siding with Tip on getting rid of this snowpack which is a glacier. I was in the woods...picking my way as the little fluff over an icy moraine was slippery. Kind of like when the wind blows off the overnight upslope powder when you're skiing and what's left is hard gray ice to ski over. Well walking is a bit easier but not 20 feet from the end of the glacier when I would have a paved path and then walk home, I took a spill. Smacked my hip pretty good but I'm ok. F**k this......

I just hope this next one isn't a brutal hit like today. Not sure the roofs can handle another dump of this magnitude.

The euro really is ugly for longer term winter.

You did a great job forecasting this past event and were correctly bullish on the more southern track. I picked up 1.75 inches but this amount of snow on top of bare ground at this stage of the winter is pretty boring even if you're a snow lover. I know not everyone agrees. I'm sure Ginx is running around the fields of NE CT nekkid revelling in his 1.8 inches.

So what do the Euro ensembles look like?

Very cold in the 11-15 day for the Plains, with a boundary along the east coast. The Mega NPAC ridge remains to help deliver the cold into th nctrl US, but that also means we'll have troughing in the west. Models do try to raise heights in the southwest, but as I mentioned earlier, that might be a bias in this pattern. Just too early to tell, but it could be pretty active. The EC ensembles have a nice sprawling high coming from Canada with what looks like a storm track over the East. Just remember we run the risk of taint jobs or worse if the track is close enough, however it's way too early to talk about that.

Very cold in the 11-15 day for the Plains, with a boundary along the east coast. The Mega NPAC ridge remains to help deliver the cold into th nctrl US, but that also means we'll have troughing in the west. Models do try to raise heights in the southwest, but as I mentioned earlier, that might be a bias in this pattern. Just too early to tell, but it could be pretty active. The EC ensembles have a nice sprawling high coming from Canada with what looks like a storm track over the East. Just remember we run the risk of taint jobs or worse if the track is close enough, however it's way too early to talk about that.

Thanks Scott. Are they similar to the op on the Friday event?

Btw...I may be siding with Tip on getting rid of this snowpack which is a glacier. I was in the woods...picking my way as the little fluff over an icy moraine was slippery. Kind of like when the wind blows off the overnight upslope powder when you're skiing and what's left is hard gray ice to ski over. Well walking is a bit easier but not 20 feet from the end of the glacier when I would have a paved path and then walk home, I took a spill. Smacked my hip pretty good but I'm ok. F**k this......

<Ginx>Boys crying for their mommas ... </Ginx>

<Ginx>Boys crying for their mommas ... </Ginx>

No actually that post of Jerrys concerned me, tough as he is, brittle bones come with age. That snow layer definitely made things super slippery. Getting real cold now, man quite the mess going on in the Midwest where yesterday was freezing rain, now substantial snow. FYI these come out pretty early

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/ecmwfens.html

I'm not against a good March btw, so don't try to read in between the lines of my posts. I know some are going for an epic month. I'm just saying that we have a few caution flags up, and explaining what they are...mainly the dam PNA and AO.

You can also throw some reasons up as to why it will rock. If the EPO can really muscle the PV to the south...it could be one hell of a ride.

winter isn't over and lot of cold air in Canada to come down very soon . look past three storms gfs has had more east track and ecwmf model came towards it . I still say will get into colder and stormy pattern in march for the Northeast area and sne area.

You sir, are my all time favorite poster.

I was surprised how cold it was today..I thought the sun would come out and vaporize the snow we got last night.

at least 2.5 inches of new snow..not sure we had three like pns says but I did not measure until a few mins ago and the snow stopped this morning.

Some really nice snows went through pa ny and north jersey down towards the white plains area...wow....i wonder what white plains has for the season..

round two looks awesome for parts of pa...wouldnt it have been something to have really gotten in on both of those!!!!

at least 64.5 now for the season...

Archived