• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

I think the fact that suppression has been introduced and the end result of today's system should at least give pause to the idea that this automatically cuts west. We'll see but pattern recognition suggests that the Euro is the outlier this time.

The pattern that I recognize is a rather robust RNA......the ens offer a good comp, I think......east of the EURO, but still not a snowy appeal for us.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern that I recognize is rather robust RNA......the ens offer a good comp, I think......east of the EURO, but still not a snowy appeal for us.

Yes. But the question is does RNA relax for a day just in time? Does the extreme cold in Canada dump a little lobe of hp just in time north of us? Those issues are on the table and in fact growing in possibility.

I think the fact that suppression has been introduced and the end result of today's system should at least give pause to the idea that this automatically cuts west. We'll see but pattern recognition suggests that the Euro is the outlier this time.

Wasn't the euro nw with this last one too? And nw and too phased with many coastals all winter?

I agree Jerry. A lean towards the gfs ggem is prob the way to go.

Yes. But the question is does RNA relax for a day just in time? Does the extreme cold in Canada dump a little lobe of hp just in time north of us? Those issues are on the table and in fact growing in possibility.

You think yes and yes.....don't you think that it's a precarious stance to count on favorably timed nuances in the face of the most skilled model and it's ensembles.....I understand it's a plausibility, but....to favor it is another thing.

I'm anti euro. Its been too far nw so I'd favor anything se and in this case there's decent consensus.

I'm going with a 75%\25% comp in favor of the EURO.....it is likely too amped, but that doesn't have to mean a snowstorm.......ens offer a good idea.

Same deal in your split system deal on Jan 26-27....EURO was too amped, but we still got crushed....it likely has a better idea than the rest, though not perfect (bit too far n).

Wasn't the euro nw with this last one too? And nw and too phased with many coastals all winter?

I agree Jerry. A lean towards the gfs ggem is prob the way to go.

absolutely not, the euro destroyed the competion with this last event. not even close. it had one hiccup run, but otherwise it nailed it from 6 days out with the general idea that the PV would sqaush the system S after getting as far N as the upper plains.

That actually would make a quite a diff for interior ice..if the secondary hugs the cape or something it's an icy scenario

God's country and the ORH hills maybe, but you need more trending.

I need snow because it's rain, otherwise......you also have to remember that good ice events are becoming harder to see as the sun angle rises.

Archived