Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea it was ! It will be an interesting event, either way.

But, the differences here do not have anything to do with convective gridscale feedback - the marker for that are not evident. Not sure where they came up with that.

The differences are related to the handling of the N stream, exerting on the flow from the N and keeping the track suppressed in these colder solution.

In any event, with a westerly track we could wind up with a severe weather outbreak here, squalline in nature -

Hr 78 and Hr 84 on 12z GFS have a couple convective looking blobs of almost 2" QPF in 6 hrs who knows though it would be pretty warm and those might be legit convection...

I'm guessing HPC is thinking the low would then be displaced south around where those convective areas are? I thought the latent heat release would pump up the ridge more and amp it up rather than string it out.

Regardless, I'm glad we have something snowy still on the table even though cutter seems to be a bit more likely at this point.

Hr 78 and Hr 84 on 12z GFS have a couple convective looking blobs of almost 2" QPF in 6 hrs who knows though it would be pretty warm and those might be legit convection...

I'm guessing HPC is thinking the low would then be displaced south around where those convective areas are? I thought the latent heat release would pump up the ridge more and amp it up rather than string it out.

Regardless, I'm glad we have something snowy still on the table even though cutter seems to be a bit more likely at this point.

Dubious at best when the apparency of the flow at large and having a more dominating N stream in those colder model runs is far more obvious an impact on the storm track.

Kevin - I recall that now, but it wasn't having anything to do with that Friday system; I was talking about today's system.

Dubious at best when the apparency of the flow at large and having a more dominating N stream in those colder model runs is far more obvious an impact on the storm track.

Kevin - I recall that now, but it wasn't having anything to do with that Friday system; I was talking about today's system.

No it was def for the Friday system..I distinctly remember you saying it would trend colder. No big deal..hopefully it will..but I doubt it

No it was def for the Friday system..I distinctly remember you saying it would trend colder. No big deal..hopefully it will..but I doubt it

Dude, - you're wrong... I was talking to Scott/Will about today as back then the ECM was way over Lake Erie with this wave that just went by.

Dude, - you're wrong... I was talking to Scott/Will about today as back then the ECM was way over Lake Erie with this wave that just went by.

You two should wrastle

You two should wrastle

Nah, Kev' is just too obsessed about snow. He edits his memories because of that LOL

In any case, I couldn't be happier if the ECM came up W and we wound up with 60F DPs and SSW winds of 45mph to erode this snow pack all the way to CAR. Seeing as that is what I want, Kevin's solution for Friday will like play out - which I don't even know what that is but I am sure it is centered around 22' of snow in a single event, followed by the Day After Tomorrow -

As bad as the euro looks it did come east from its run from a couple days ago, It had the low tracking up the St Lawrence now it tracks it thru SNE and DE Maine, But will it shift east enough? We shall see

Service with a smile! :thumbsup: Thanks

:snowman: Now we need to introduce the cold, but I fear the good Doctor will be ruling the outcome here...

Nah, Kev' is just too obsessed about snow. He edits his memories because of that LOL

In any case, I couldn't be happier if the ECM came up W and we wound up with 60F DPs and SSW winds of 45mph to erode this snow pack all the way to CAR. Seeing as that is what I want, Kevin's solution for Friday will like play out - which I don't even know what that is but I am sure it is centered around 22' of snow in a single event, followed by the Day After Tomorrow -

We would not mind if that was confined to your area.......lol

Here is Smith Hall for you... first UML building ever torn down (other than that old supermarket thing). They are building some emerging tech center there. Oh, the stories...

You will be working in your garden soon enough brother

Typhoon Tip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

I bet that D9 EURO deal ends up on the EC - either that or sheared much more eastward.

Can you tell that the EURO was a chair tipper lol

The euro looked ugly for days, wrt Friday. I must have posted that about 20 times starting last week.

I'll tell you one thing, the euro ensembles have been outstanding this winter. When they sniff a warm pattern out...bank on it. They were bullish at times with the cold I think, but they've done a good job at sniffing out disasters.

The euro looked ugly for days, wrt Friday. I must have posted that about 20 times starting last week.

I'll tell you one thing, the euro ensembles have been outstanding this winter. When they sniff a warm pattern out...bank on it. They were bullish at times with the cold I think, but they've done a good job at sniffing out disasters.

Great.... :arrowhead:

Exactly....go ens.

Seems like we're still at an impass wrt to Friday. Was hoping we might get a model collapse so we could not worry about staying up for model runs (I have actually given up that practice).

Meanwhile, beautiful sunny day. Managed to actually get a fairly decent duration of big dentrites. Never especilally hard, but still managed to get perhpas 2" before it finally stopped at about noontime.

21.8/1

Great.... :arrowhead:

LOL, I'm not implying anything for March, but like I said earlier in this thread...I'm not on the epic train quite yet. +AO is here to stay for a while. That combined with a stable like pattern with La Nina -PNA troughing out west will have us biting our nails from time to time. It could be quite the gradient pattern. The models are really bring some mighty cold air into Canada and into the nctrl US, thanks to the EPO. It's way too early to say what side of the boundary we will be on, but this will be one hell of a battle. We could see some nasty midwest storms, and even the potential for some strong lows to come up the coast if the front is off to the se.

Archived