• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

This is probably going to be something that passes just west, or over sne. I guess it could cut through Buffalo, but I think it may track east of there. The problem is...even with a track east, warmer air floods in out ahead of it. It might give areas like nrn orh county and sw NH some frozen first, but I think it's ugly for most.

Let's just get it to the canal..not impossible..while still rain..at least it wouldn't torch away the snow pack..that's what we have to hope for right now

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely wouldn't characterize that as a promise, but not a joke, either.

I doubt it - DEFINITELY selective interpretation, period. "Gest" does not mean "joke", by the way - it means to act or speak playfully, to which that absolutely qualifies. I also spelled it wrong; it begins with a J

In any event - it's going to be interesting to see the GFS be so wrong that the Euro has to be SO right :arrowhead:

...One of those earlier storms in the 45 day stretch the Euro flat out blew the coop and did horrible, beatin' out by the GFS. That's about all I can offer the snow geese - otherwise, I got no stakes in this bag and if anything, I wish it were May 1. Although, I did find it interesting both that the GGEM went cold, and, JAMES at NCEP seems to be imagining convective scale feedback that I don't see a huge amount of evidence of....

we'll see.

You've been adamant in advertising a snowy weather pattern that has yet to materialize. And if March doesn't meet your lofty expections you're gonna have some egg on your face.

No, I'm not a groupie. I just have a lot of respect for anyone who can remain relevant in the tv news business for 4 decades. I've worked inside 24 hour a day cable newsrooms in DC and NYC. It can get ugly because there are a lot of tv news executives who aren't that bright. If you're gonna survive on-air for so long whether you're at the local or national level of course you have to be lucky, but you have to be smart and tough and this is why I have so much respect for a guy like Harvey Leonard and I regret the fact that stupid tv news executives ended Todd Gross's run at Channel 7 when he was at the top of his game.

67.3 inches of snow on Feb 21st is not a snowy scenario? In my humble opinion we will have the all time snowiest winter in ct on the south coast, only need a good storm to do that. I have no idea what you are talking about? Are you being serious, or just trolling?

I doubt it - DEFINITELY selective interpretation, period. "Gest" does not mean "joke", by the way - it means to act or speak playfully, to what that absolutely qualifies. I also spelled it wrong; it begins with a J

In any event - it's going to be interesting to see the GFS be so wrong that the Euro has to be SO right :arrowhead:

...One of those earlier storms in the 45 day stretch the Euro flat out blew the coop and did horrible, beatin' out by the GFS. That's about all I can offer the snow geese - otherwise, I got no stakes in this bag and if anything, I wish it were May 1. Although, I did find it interesting both that the GGEM went cold, and, JAMES at NCEP seems to be imagining convective scale feedback that I don't see a huge amount of evidence of....

we'll see.

I understand what the word means.

I perceived nothing playful about that post....very discreet humor, I guess.

I doubt it - DEFINITELY selective interpretation, period. "Gest" does not mean "joke", by the way - it means to act or speak playfully, to what that absolutely qualifies. I also spelled it wrong; it begins with a J

we'll see.

One of the first blizzards of the year NCEP pulled out the feedback card in discounting the NAM/GFS when they jumped snowy. I remember calling it out specifically on the main weather side thread as bogus and it was. The Euro/NAM/UK were ALL too far north at one point or another with this past system which ended up mostly missing us. It won't go to that extreme this time but I think it's not a foregone conclusion that it will pass over/north of SNE.

Let's just get it to the canal..not impossible..while still rain..at least it wouldn't torch away the snow pack..that's what we have to hope for right now

I always have respect for the EPO to try and squash lows south. However, I think the trough out west and no blocking really kills us. If you want to hold out hope, a wave developing along the front and switching some to snow for a few hours is what you want....just don't bet the farm on it. That might be more for GC anyways.

I'm sorry - I'm mostly right about this, Ray. I did not promise anything, and that is entirely the point.

Yea....this I agree with...maybe you weren't entirely serious in that post...that happens; sometimes it isn't clear and people have to check.

Happened with Messenger earlier today....folks wern't sure whether he was serious in asserting that he was leaning colder.

NBD...

Yea....this I agree with...maybe you weren't entirely serious in that post...that happens; sometimes it isn't clear and people have to check.

Happened with Messenger earlier today....folks wern't sure whether he was serious in asserting that he was leaning colder.

NBD...

leaning to a more southern track over/south of southern NE. I don't think we'll see a track way way NW but who knows. not sure it matters.

okx splitting the difference for now with regards to friday. No chance this thing cuts west of new england, this has canal written all over it and while that will not produce an all snow event for 90% of the people that live in sne, it surely will not be 50+F and rain, no chance, no how.

This will be a pounding wet snow bomb for the berks into the greens, with a snow to rain back to snow scenario for the interior and rain to snow for the coast, northern stream is dominant and will bleed the cold south and east. While at first this will be shallow, it will be enough for a coastal to take over and graze messengers right nut.

It is about that time for a nice interior elevatrion storm. I whole heartedly endorse this forecast. It's clear there are some in eastern SNE that are crying Uncle. Winter's just a bit too long and harsh for them. This way they can have their snowpack washed away, as they've requested and up here Winter can continue unabated. Perfect compromise.

leaning to a more southern track over/south of southern NE. I don't think we'll see a track way way NW but who knows. not sure it matters.

I think most agree on a track over SNE....just need to iron out whether it's near your hood or mine.

My guess is that it's near you and most have a cold rain, with the threat of some ice in n ORH CO and GC.

You've been adamant in advertising a snowy weather pattern that has yet to materialize. And if March doesn't meet your lofty expections you're gonna have some egg on your face.

No, I'm not a groupie. I just have a lot of respect for anyone who can remain relevant in the tv news business for 4 decades. I've worked inside 24 hour a day cable newsrooms in DC and NYC. It can get ugly because there are a lot of tv news executives who aren't that bright. If you're gonna survive on-air for so long whether you're at the local or national level of course you have to be lucky, but you have to be smart and tough and this is why I have so much respect for a guy like Harvey Leonard and I regret the fact that stupid tv news executives ended Todd Gross's run at Channel 7 when he was at the top of his game.

I have not advertised anything other than an annual outlook, which if you check I under guessed. To each his own but your name smacks of idolism not respect. You throw my name out here all the time, sorry Newport on the Bay has had a crappy winter.

Maybe I am slow but did not realize this site has clickable links on all parameters shown at any time period. http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KORH

81.9" on the season for you.

Yeah, I should break 100" if March is respectable at all. If Feb 27-28 is decent, I might need merely a pedestrian March to get there.

One thing I'm pretty sure of....March is going to have a frigid airmass either over us or close to us in the beginning of the month. Total opposite of last year's putrid, rotted out airmass.

Archived