Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...yeah...so far the tale of two winters...one historic period...one very forgetable period.

the five weeks prior to Feb 2 feaured 70 inches of snow! The rest of the winter....under 6...amazingly abrupt breakdown of the snowy pattern that we have yet to reenter.

Here's to March...I do see the potential for a forzen event in the 7-9 day time frame, but until then it's brutal cold and dry with brief interuptions of warmth and rain.

Part of me kinda wishes it was still mid december before the epic run of snow we had when there would be 3 posts per frame on the NAM extrapolating it's every possible future perturbation.

Its funny but understandable that we just dont care. I dont think it's winter overload as much as it is that we all understand how unreliable models have been at this range.

This looks like yet ANOTHER split system with two lobes of moisture.

At around 69 hours heights are lower in southern Canada near the UP by quite a bit...522 is almost touching the northern lakes versus the 12z.

Here we go again...south trend commence?

bastardi resigns today wow. pA getting 2-3 inch/hr snows good for them. us bitter cold over deep snow pack. big big winter.

1.9 inches of fluff today about 80 on the year. pretty uniform totals still.

We need Bob to start the next few threads ! lets get that triple point low to produce some icing. blizz i know you'd get all geeked up for that.

Although Bastardi has jumped in bed with a lot of the right-wing talk show hosts who are obsessed with debunking global warming every time a snow flake falls from the sky along the 95 corridor....he probably should have left accuweather a while ago landing a more lucrative on-air gig in a major eastern local tv market or national cable. The guy has Jim Cantore like star-power that has been under-utilized. Sadly the trend in hiring on-air weather forecasters the past decade has been to pander to the politically correct diversity police....or hire skinny, young, good-looking generic..people who come cheap. Sadly the personality is sacrifced in favor of looks.

Although Bastardi has jumped in bed with a lot of the right-wing talk show hosts who are obsessed with debunking global warming every time a snow flake falls from the sky along the 95 corridor....he probably should have left accuweather a while ago landing a more lucrative on-air gig in a major eastern local tv market or national cable. The guy has Jim Cantore like star-power that has been under-utilized. Sadly the trend in hiring on-air weather forecasters the past decade has been to pander to the politically correct diversity police....or hire skinny, young, good-looking generic..people who come cheap. Sadly the personality is sacrifced in favor of looks.

Except for the fact that he is non-commercially promotable do to the fact that he looks like "Jack Jeebs" from Men In Black - oh, and that he's usually wrong, but spins to make himself look right. A couple of pretty big strikes -

...yeah...so far the tale of two winters...one historic period...one very forgetable period.

the five weeks prior to Feb 2 feaured 70 inches of snow! The rest of the winter....under 6...amazingly abrupt breakdown of the snowy pattern that we have yet to reenter.

Here's to March...I do see the potential for a forzen event in the 7-9 day time frame, but until then it's brutal cold and dry with brief interuptions of warmth and rain.

We could get shut out except for a few nickel and dime events, but hopefully we will break the streak of "meh" March winters that have plagued us.

Glad you are still posting

:pepsi::snowman:

Except for the fact that he is non-commercially promotable do to the fact that he looks like "Jack Jeebs" from Men In Black - oh, and that he's usually wrong, but spins to make himself look right. A couple of pretty big strikes -

I'm not in the camp that looks mean everything. Bill O'Reilly looks old and mean. Yet he dominates the prime-time ratings in the cable news dept. with an average of 3 million plus at 8pm.... CBS2 in New York and WBZ in Boston have struggled in the ratings for years. If I'm one of them I strongly consider hiring Bastardi.

I'm not in the camp that looks mean everything. Bill O'Reilly looks old and mean. Yet he dominates the prime-time ratings in the cable news dept. with an average of 3 million plus at 8pm.... CBS2 in New York and WBZ in Boston have struggled in the ratings for years. If I'm one of them I strongly consider hiring Bastardi.

Yeah, but what about the fact that he's wrong much of the time, and lies to ignoramouses that don't know enough to question his meteorological judgements

No you weren't. I accused you of vigorously advertising a snowy end to the winter that may or may not materialize...and you responded by referring to my admiration for Harvey Leonard as "twisted" and "idol worship."

With all due respect you and SKI MRG have set yourselves up for criticism from sporadic posters like myself because you both hammer home an unrelenting narrative refusing to acknowledge the distinct possibility this winter could go out with a whimper. I never accused you of not calling for a snowy winter. I didn't discover this new site until December anyway. But I do know when DT and others were giving up on this winter after the February 2nd event you were adamant the winter would come roaring back....and went as far as rhetorically puffing your chest out when you thought we'd get 4-8 today. I hope you're right and March turns out to be snowy..and if it is I'll be the first one to applaud you.

Well Mr.Harveyleonardfan, if that's really your name, just because you haven't seen much Winter in February in whatever balmy locale you reside, it doesn't mean Winter isn't alive and well elsewhere. Now, while it's true that the highly esteemed Mica Vim Toot has declared that I reside in CNE, I still feel a certain kinship with SNE as I do live in Massachusetts. That said, February has been a perfectly respectable Winter month here with today's snowfall putting me north of 24" so far with more likely to come before the month closes out. With a deep snowpack still on the ground and below zero overnight lows commonplace (low so far this month being -18.6) I fail to see where my 'unrelenting narrative' is missing its mark. Perhaps your Winter is over. You have my sympathy. My Winter will not be over for some time to come. I will make every effort to post more snowy pics for you and hope, at the very least, you can live vicariously through them. BTW, Big Winter Incoming, Big Big Winter.

Well Mr.Harveyleonardfan, if that's really your name, just because you haven't seen much Winter in February in whatever balmy locale you reside, it doesn't mean Winter isn't alive and well elsewhere. Now, while it's true that the highly esteemed Mica Vim Toot has declared that I reside in CNE, I still feel a certain kinship with SNE as I do live in Massachusetts. That said, February has been a perfectly respectable Winter month here with today's snowfall putting me north of 24" so far with more likely to come before the month closes out. With a deep snowpack still on the ground and below zero overnight lows commonplace (low so far this month being -18.6) I fail to see where my 'unrelenting narrative' is missing its mark. Perhaps your Winter is over. You have my sympathy. My Winter will not be over for some time to come. I will make every effort to post more snowy pics for you and hope, at the very least, you can live vicariously through them. BTW, Big Winter Incoming, Big Big Winter.

He does live in Newport, which is amazingly beautiful 9 months out of the year...(sorry, not in winter, the rest of the year it rocks)

When I am rich like you, I will have my summer place there and my year round place in northern NH

Yeah, but what about the fact that he's wrong much of the time, and lies to ignoramouses that don't know enough to question his meteorological judgements

I totally agree with your assessment of his judgments....however, I'll give him a pass because in order to generate buzz and revenue for himself and his employer he was probably pandering to the worst case scenario. You don't get your forecast plastered on Drudge or get invited to appear on Hannity by being conservative in terms of weather predictions. But you're right....if he behaved the same way on local tv he'd be told to tone the doomsday scenarios down. Tip, do you do any work in front of the camera?

Come on man...enough...of course he was talking about "his winter" being over. As has everyone who has been saying thet Feb has been a dissapointment in terms of snow fall. You live in the freaking Berkshires...so of course you have seen more snow over the past few weeks that just about every other part of the state...as you do every year. We all get it. You have enjoyed this month and it has been cold with average snowfall...FOR YOU! Why do you apply what everyone is saying about thier towns and parts of the state as if they are saying that SKI MRG has been dissapointing? Do you intentionally misinterpret people saying that "Eastern mass best winter is behind them" with them telling you to cease your enjoyment of winter activies? because that is your reply everytime. Someone on the coastal plain with zero elevation will comment about a snowless period and you reply with " I don't know what your talking about...it's still winter out here." comment when you are 200 miles west and 2000 feet up in an entirely different climate...come on of course its been different

Come on man...enough...of course he was talking about "his winter" being over. As has everyone who has been saying thet Feb has been a dissapointment in terms of snow fall. You live in the freaking Berkshires...so of course you have seen more snow over the past few weeks that just about every other part of the state...as you do every year. We all get it. You have enjoyed this month and it has been cold with average snowfall...FOR YOU! Why do you apply what everyone is saying about thier towns and parts of the state as if they are saying that SKI MRG has been dissapointing? Do you intentionally misinterpret people saying that "Eastern mass best winter is behind them" with them telling you to cease your enjoyment of winter activies? because that is your reply everytime. Someone on the coastal plain with zero elevation will comment about a snowless period and you reply with " I don't know what your talking about...it's still winter out here." comment when you are 200 miles west and 2000 feet up in an entirely different climate...come on of course its been different

He does it to elicit reactions like this from weenies like you. :lol:

Yeah shocking. I heard it's winter on Mt Washington into June....so maybe the NNE should start a thread about how great winter is on Memorial Day, be about as relevant to the populated areas of SNE where we've had more days over 50 lately than days with snow.

He does it to elicit reactions like this from weenies like you. :lol:

I thought the winter appreciation thread would contain the banter but I guess not.

--

GFS holds serve. UK did what to whom?

Archived