Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter returns with a vengeance thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is even more suppressed than 12z. Doesn't give us much precip at all. The vortex actually gives us a couple inches of fluff though at D5 via norlun/inverted trough type feature.

I think the cold look is good right now given the general pattern in place. A potent s/w that far west and there's a lot of room for trending a lot warmer in future runs so its preferable to get some wiggle room.

Hopefully when Scooter gets on he'll confirm the Euro ens don't agree with the day 10 Euro.

Until then we have a snowstorm to look forward to on Tuesday after the next 3 brutal days

They're not as warm but they agree on the big hp off the coast. But it is not a long lasting torch and it's D10.

]

I see the usual folks were in here last night trying to dampen everyone's spirits about a colder and snowier than normal pattern returning starting Saturday..

Funny how the ones doing that called for a warm, snowless winter..and only show up during the only above normal week of the whole winter. Where were they in Jan/1st half of Feb?

Winter is coming back hard and full force...and all of Sne sees another 20-30 inches at least

I see the usual clowns were in here last night trying to dampen everyone's spirits about a colder and snowier than normal pattern returning starting Saturday..

Funny how the ones doing that called for a warm, snowless winter..and only show up during the only above normal week of the whole winter. Where were they in Jan/1st half of Feb?

Winter is coming back hard and full force...and all of Sne sees another 20-30 inches at least

The majority, anyway.

Cold morning. One can hope that Ryan's idea of HP overhead limiting mixing holds today and limits the torch to 2 days. Friday looks like it could hit 60.

Cold, but seems like the overall temps were not as cold as had been forecasted. Since it's the only weather we've got, we may as well enjoy the warmth from today-Friday and comfort ourselves with the possibility of some snow early next week. At least we can track something as we wander around in our banana hammocks.

11.4/-2

I see the usual folks were in here last night trying to dampen everyone's spirits about a colder and snowier than normal pattern returning starting Saturday..

AIT and stated here, that pattern never changes on this board. FROKY is trying way too hard.

Tubes isn't a troll...he's just bein himself and I'm sure is a nice guuy. Forky is an all out redtag Troll. Wow. I mean it's not like people in here are saying we are going into some storm after storm 70 inches in 5 weeks period, just that winter is coming back and it's gonna snow. Putting up a 10 day OP Euro? Especially when this pattern would bring some ups and downs...

Tubes isn't a troll...he's just bein himself and I'm sure is a nice guuy. Forky is an all out redtag Troll. Wow. I mean it's not like people in here are saying we are going into some storm after storm 70 inches in 5 weeks period, just that winter is coming back and it's gonna snow. Putting up a 10 day OP Euro? Especially when this pattern would bring some ups and downs...

But who cares? It's not going to make it snow more or less? I just don't get why it effects people on an emotional level.

Subjectively the op euro shows more torches than it does snow events through day ten. That's just the fact of the model. Doesn't mean it changes my day.

Hopefully when Scooter gets on he'll confirm the Euro ens don't agree with the day 10 Euro.

Until then we have a snowstorm to look forward to on Tuesday after the next 3 brutal days

I've been saying for a few days now, that we may see a 1-2 day warm up at the end of the month, as the NAO goes positive and more troughing develops over the west coast. The 00z GFS ensembles bring it in by the end of next week...a little quicker than the euro.

However, it's not a definite thing because the Canadian and 06z GFS ensembles don't really show this, so not all guidance is on board. Right now, I kind of favor a brief milder spell for a day or two, but then it should turn colder by March 1st or so.

After that, guidance does get interesting beyond March 1st. The euro ensembles are probably the coldest of all ensembles right now. Will said that not all the analogs were completely on board with a big cold and stormy stretch, and indeed the GFS is not perfect looking. It's showing the strongest negative PNA pattern of all the models, which means it pumps up the se ridge the most, right now. It's always good to have the best ensemble guidance on board, but models are guidance so you can't exactly throw out the GFS ensembles either. I do think that the pattern will feature some good wintry opportunities during early March, but some taint events could happen too. I like the overall look, with weak ridging into Greenland and the NPAC ridge (while not ideal) is in a position to at least help keep the cold closer to the nrn tier of the US. Take a look at the 00z GFS ensembles. You can see how the front is very close to the nrn tier of the US, and is visible just south of sne on March 2. It's good to have southern Canada cold, the complete 180 from last year, where Quebec torched.

unfortunately trolling is a board past-time. it's fine every now and then...in fact i think we all do it every-once-in-a-while...but there is a contingent of posters - we, and they, know who they are - that do it way way too much.

it gets old quick. and frankly it's kind of weird.

the best part is waking up to come on the board and seeing lots of pages of posts, expecting some good discussion...and instead it's just 100 back-and-forth garbage posts.

oh well.

I've been saying for a few days now, that we may see a 1-2 day warm up at the end of the run, as the NAO goes positive and more troughing develops over the west coast. The 00z GFS ensembles bring it in by the end of next week...a little quicker than the euro.

However, it's not a definite thing because the Canadian and 06z GFS ensembles don't really show this, so not all guidance is on board. Right now, I kind of favor a brief milder spell for a day or two, but then it should turn colder by March 1st or so.

After that, guidance does get interesting beyond March 1st. The euro ensembles are probably the coldest of all ensembles right now. Will said that not all the analogs were completely on board with a big cold and stormy stretch, and indeed the GFS is not perfect looking. It's showing the strongest negative PNA pattern of all the models, which means it pumps up the se ridge the most, right now. It's always good to have the best ensemble guidance on board, but models are guidance so you can't exactly throw out the GFS ensembles either. I do think that the pattern will feature some good wintry opportunities during early March, but some taint events could happen too. I like the overall look, with weak ridging into Greenland and the NPAC ridge (while not ideal) is in a position to at least help keep the cold closer to the nrn tier of the US. Take a look at the 00z GFS ensembles. You can see how the front is very close to the nrn tier of the US, and is visible just south of sne on March 2. It's good to have southern Canada cold, the complete 180 from last year, where Quebec torched.

yeah you've been banging that drum nicely now for a while and it's definitely starting to show on some of the op runs too that there is a 1 to 3 day period of relaxation after this weekend/next week's initial cold shots (which, by the way, look pretty darn cold on the euro).

Archived