e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought what I am convinced is the last pair in Boston.....no one had them except this one place. Bought nice ones. I believe I'll take the dog into the Blue Hills this afternoon to try them out. I wonder if actually need to bring polls?

I went for a hike there back at the end of January. It was awesome. The trails are pretty packed down and with all the rain we had, I bet you could walk on top of the snowpack..lol.

I just bought what I am convinced is the last pair in Boston.....no one had them except this one place. Bought nice ones. I believe I'll take the dog into the Blue Hills this afternoon to try them out. I wonder if actually need to bring polls?

walked along a path for a while thru some hillier terrain in w/ framingham . there was a long street and a few paths thru the woods that we took. epic snow depth's.......unappreciated and taken for granted snow depths...

i was able to walk on a 2 foot snow pack beside my dog......as we got closer to some bushes the snow.....was not as rock solid .....i wonder what the dammn record is for Water .Equiv in snow pack cause walking on top of 2 feet of snow is well.....amazing for SNE. we are lucky this late week period is a dry'er mild spell. i wonder if the dry'ness of the milder weather coming will make the snow pack exert more of a cooling effect on the airmass (i.e models over forecast temps or be accurate on temps) ......as opposed to if this was a H DP milder spell ( i wonder if models would under forecast temps)

His premise for this thread was to talk about this winter and to have a thread where winter stuff was discussed, the other thread and Ryans new one had the three day warmup covered. All of a sudden every time discussion of what was going on here folks would drop in and drop a weenie. I do not think anyone denys it will warmup and NBD but why some folks feel it's necessary to make hundreds of posts on a thaw while ignoring the ongoing winter is strange. Yesterday was a great day for me weather wise so I posted about it, great ice fog riming in the AM, making for a scenic icy ride to work, heckuva squall at night. I posted some screen captures of an unusual tight streamer and got weaned for both. Also got told by a pro that ice fog was my new fetish. Ya see Phil there's an issue here.

I think for most areas in CT... outside the hills... even if this winter fails to produce one more significant snow it will still be remembered as an epic winter. Near or record snow depth that lasted for an incredible amount of time especially along the shoreline makes this winter stand out. BDR has had more >12" snow depth days than not which is just obscene. It's been fun too with storm after storm.

If winter ended today and we only picked up another couple inches of snow I'd be happy... though I'm still rooting for an early or mid March KU which would make this winter even more epic.

I think for most areas in CT... outside the hills... even if this winter fails to produce one more significant snow it will still be remembered as an epic winter. Near or record snow depth that lasted for an incredible amount of time especially along the shoreline makes this winter stand out. BDR has had more >12" snow depth days than not which is just obscene. It's been fun too with storm after storm.

If winter ended today and we only picked up another couple inches of snow I'd be happy... though I'm still rooting for an early or mid March KU which would make this winter even more epic.

That would be sweet,end on a great note. Just the collapses alone makes this historic for my generation. Ag industry has taken a huge hit.

That would be sweet,end on a great note. Just the collapses alone makes this historic for my generation. Ag industry has taken a huge hit.

Yeah it's been an incredible winter. IMO getting all of winter crammed into 6 weeks is ideal. This certainly ranks up there with 93-94 and 95-96 in CT. One more KU and we would definitely be up there with the 2 recent greats.

Yeah it's been an incredible winter. IMO getting all of winter crammed into 6 weeks is ideal. This certainly ranks up there with 93-94 and 95-96 in CT. One more KU and we would definitely be up there with the 2 recent greats.

As much as I weenie out, it was probably a very good thing we slowed and thawed for infrastructure, probably two 12 inch storms with no thaw away from huge issues. I would have loved it but not too many would. Epic South of Pike winter so far climo wise. BIRVING be damned. LOL

As much as I weenie out, it was probably a very good thing we slowed and thawed for infrastructure, probably two 12 inch storms with no thaw away from huge issues. I would have loved it but not too many would. Epic South of Pike winter so far climo wise. BIRVING be damned. LOL

For CT outside of Litchfield County this winter has been epic... in other parts of SNE not as much.

That loop is really cool

For CT outside of Litchfield County this winter has been epic... in other parts of SNE not as much.

That loop is really cool

Been pretty mundane here... when Bob starts some new threads it will be fixed.

At least we have held onto the snow in the woods and on the mountains.

My road is a disastah. All rutted and icy. Hopefully the warmup will fix that. Then we get potholes! Woot!

Well, AWT, thinks are looking up. Messenger went skiing today and even he seems to have a glisten in his eye again for Winter. Kevin has started a thread that has nothing to do with torching or snow loss. TT is intrigued by the pattern ahead. Vim Toot is getting a well deserved shot in the arm. Pickles and Weatherfella both enjoyed nice walks in the snow. Others are getting less tense about the end of the week. All is right with the world, except for maybe Ryan and Bob but hey, if they want to have crazy dreams of burning off the snowpack more power to them. Eventually, in late April, they'll get their day too. Soon, however, the nightly vigils will resume. There will be many more excited posts about how the snow is coming down harder than its ever snowed. Our brief intermission will have served its purpose. Now well rested,we'll be able to drop into the wildest part of the Winter yet. A snowy road lies ahead. (I've weenied myself to take away any fun some of you may have.)

Well, AWT, thinks are looking up. Messenger went skiing today and even he seems to have a glisten in his eye again for Winter. Kevin has started a thread that has nothing to do with torching or snow loss. TT is intrigued by the pattern ahead. Vim Toot is getting a well deserved shot in the arm. Pickles and Weatherfella both enjoyed nice walks in the snow. Others are getting less tense about the end of the week. All is right with the world, except for maybe Ryan and Bob but hey, if they want to have crazy dreams of burning off the snowpack more power to them. Eventually, in late April, they'll get their day too. Soon, however, the nightly vigils will resume. There will be many more excited posts about how the snow is coming down harder than its ever snowed. Our brief intermission will have served its purpose. Now well rested,we'll be able to drop into the wildest part of the Winter yet. A snowy road lies ahead. (I've weenied myself to take away any fun some of you may have.)

I'm as big a snow lover as anyone, but the snow pack is going to take a hit this week.

Hopefully the surviving pack gets refreshed next week but this week is going to suck for winter enthusiasts. There will be one cold day though on Tuesday before the torch arrives.

Conditions even in the SNE mountains....pretty impressive. I'd really like to try Berkshire east but it looks like it's about 140-150 miles from here which isn't much different than Sunapee.

Should be a great late season in the hills.

I'm as big a snow lover as anyone, but the snow pack is going to take a hit this week.

Hopefully the surviving pack gets refreshed next week but this week is going to suck for winter enthusiasts. There will be one cold day though on Tuesday before the torch arrives.

Ya just had to come in here and say that didn't you.lol Just a natural part of the life cycle of any snowpack. We'll lose some but there's an awful lot of snow so we'll be just fine. We'll get back whatever we lose and then some. I'm confident.

Archived