12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a few minutes to just sit back and enjoy the serenity and beauty of the forest in Winter. Something to be said for skiing in trees. Awesome quiet descents. Nothing like pluffy powder. Winter will be around for some time to come despite whatever the warministas say when they scurry out of their dank holes tomorrow when rain falls. Weatherfella inspired me to take this one after he posted pics of his webbed feet.lol

Read that this morning, back flips, man that sucks, those guys push the envelope every day, high risk occupation, sad .

Trying to keep things in perspective. Looks like I'll be in AK at the end of the month.

Man Pete those squall pics you posted today were just sweet. Your area is ground zero for the perfect combo of heavy plastering snow and light upslope fluff. Your snowpack is perfect.

Yeah it totally dumped here for a while. The snowpack here is perma pack now. I get a lot of ribbing from some for living in the sticks but there is a method to my madness.lol Your ski month is underway, should be good !!!

Trying to keep things in perspective. Looks like I'll be in AK at the end of the month.

Yeah it totally dumped here for a while. The snowpack here is perma pack now. I get a lot of ribbing from some for living in the sticks but there is a method to my madness.lol Your ski month is underway, should be good !!!

Yep, blew off the WAWA yesterday, actually cancelled the night before because of the glare ice I expected, which was the case, but also was sick so actually glad. Okemo Tuesday, hope we get a nice back end dumper. The GFS EURO ENS look very very wet and warm to me right now, hope that trend reverses.

Yep, blew off the WAWA yesterday, actually cancelled the night before because of the glare ice I expected, which was the case, but also was sick so actually glad. Okemo Tuesday, hope we get a nice back end dumper. The GFS EURO ENS look very very wet and warm to me right now, hope that trend reverses.

Could not understand the diff. between Saturday and Tuesday at WaWa.

Both were preceeded by decent cold rains followed by freeze ups. Saturday the grooming made it perfect. Last night it was (as you said) glare in some spots (my son took a beating on 10th)

Have fun at Okemo. One of my favorite mountains

Could not understand the diff. between Saturday and Tuesday at WaWa.

Both were preceeded by decent cold rains followed by freeze ups. Saturday the grooming made it perfect. Last night it was (as you said) glare in some spots (my son took a beating on 10th)

Have fun at Okemo. One of my favorite mountains

Dew points after the ice then rapid fall, saw it coming, been there done that, no thanks. Pete can ski it, I hate it.

Dew points after the ice then rapid fall, saw it coming, been there done that, no thanks. Pete can ski it, I hate it.

I do remember you posting it before it happened. Good call. Will probably try again Thurs and Friday

We still got in a few runs, but we both agreed to call it quits early. At least the dreaded gangs of roving teens are gone, playing frisbee

One of the boundaries of our land is a nice, deep-woodsy brook. It's a fairly substantial brook--30' across, bank to bank. The width of the water varies with the season, but call it 20' or so. It has nice pools for fly fishing and cooling off with a sixer, etc. in the summer. One of my favorite easy ski cruises is up and down the brook on top of the ice & snow. It can get a little tricky and technical at times but it's good fun all the same.

Did a couple miles up and down the brook last Saturday:

5492124863_dd942ba623_z.jpg

And then had a nice lift-served day at Burke on Sunday:

5492722884_ab45960237_z.jpg

Headed down East Bowl, prob'ly Burke's finest trail.

5492026973_8bff6059a7_z.jpg

Goin' to Smuggs on Saturday. The weather doesn't look great but we'll make the best of it. Time to get out, yo!

One of the boundaries of our land is a nice, deep-woodsy brook. It's a fairly substantial brook--30' across, bank to bank. The width of the water varies with the season, but call it 20' or so. It has nice pools for fly fishing and cooling off with a sixer, etc. in the summer. One of my favorite easy ski cruises is up and down the brook on top of the ice & snow. It can get a little tricky and technical at times but it's good fun all the same.

Did a couple miles up and down the brook last Saturday:

5492124863_dd942ba623_z.jpg

And then had a nice lift-served day at Burke on Sunday:

5492722884_ab45960237_z.jpg

Headed down East Bowl, prob'ly Burke's finest trail.

5492026973_8bff6059a7_z.jpg

Goin' to Smuggs on Saturday. The weather doesn't look great but we'll make the best of it. Time to get out, yo!

Beautiful shots.

I really love Burke. Wish I lived closer.

Beautiful shots.

I really love Burke. Wish I lived closer.

Yeah, it's a great place to ski--big enough to feel like a 'real' mountain, low-key and far away enough from major population centers that it's rarely crowded. Skied there a lot as a youngster with my bro & father--less than an hour's zip up I-91 from hometown Fairlee, VT.

$20 for a half-day on Sundays. Pretty sweet, right there.

Yeah, it's a great place to ski--big enough to feel like a 'real' mountain, low-key and far away enough from major population centers that it's rarely crowded. Skied there a lot as a youngster with my bro & father--less than an hour's zip up I-91 from hometown Fairlee, VT.

$20 for a half-day on Sundays. Pretty sweet, right there.

Great pics. Some of the stuff I ski here in my glen empties out down at the stream. In a few months it'll be Trout and Salmon fishing time. (non-ice fishing at least).

Wait a minute, I think I got snow that day as well. Didn't keep an event log this year I just kept a total tally in my sig.

But you were raining while I was snowing, All of CT got snow but I jack potted , source of epic pride for me as no one in our board world of SNEers had received 2 inches. Really just kidding but hey my claim to fame this year that and a 6-8 per hour death band.

But you were raining while I was snowing, All of CT got snow but I jack potted , source of epic pride for me as no one in our board world of SNEers had received 2 inches. Really just kidding but hey my claim to fame this year that and a 6-8 per hour death band.

That was cool. I recall you posted pics on Eastern and I was jealous

You crushed me on snow this year... but Ray's Maple Mauler will fix that

Archived