• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

Today was a sweet day at the mountain. By this time in the season, its so ingrained in the daily routine that every day is just wake up, go watch the sunrise and alpenglow, then go skiing and exploring for fun turns with good friends all day.

Falling is probably something you want to avoid on this run, haha.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was a sweet day at the mountain. By this time in the season, its so ingrained in the daily routine that every day is just wake up, go watch the sunrise and alpenglow, then go skiing and exploring for fun turns with good friends all day.

I didn't realize you were at Wachusett today

Real New Englanders don't need "comfort". If I want to sit in a truck I'll take a ride into town. :)

lol. I'm not big on fishing from the truck. The lakes I fish are not easy to get a truck out on. I'd rather just have a small fire in a sheltered cove and set my tip-ups out a little ways off.

Holy crap you look cold, just kidding after all your bitchin about cold yesterday you deserve that, awesome last pic, wow nuts

Great pics. Some of the stuff I ski here in my glen empties out down at the stream. In a few months it'll be Trout and Salmon fishing time. (non-ice fishing at least).

Looks like a nice brook, right there. Love brook skiing. Always lots of tracks--mink, otter, fisher, etc.

Powderfreak--livin' the good life. :ski:

Just a bump. Speaking of bumps, skiing is really looking good in New England right now. Get out and appreciate continued Winter.

Oh yeah, still appreciating the hell out of it. If the weather is good, I've always considered March to be our reward for busting ass through a long, tough winter.

Skied Burke yesterday--it was excellent. If the weather is ok, I'll take a tour on Wednesday and prob'ly back to Burke again next weekend. The wife and I have two more passes there to use up by the end of the season, so..........

5526556464_5df2eaa3fc.jpg

Oh yeah, still appreciating the hell out of it. If the weather is good, I've always considered March to be our reward for busting ass through a long, tough winter.

Skied Burke yesterday--it was excellent. If the weather is ok, I'll take a tour on Wednesday and prob'ly back to Burke again next weekend. The wife and I have two more passes there to use up by the end of the season, so..........

5526556464_5df2eaa3fc.jpg

Cool. Got a little love here today. Nice to whiten things up and have a little fresh on the trails. Skiing has been fabulous most of this season. A little bit of a scratchy start but since then just sweet on sweet. So glad Winter continues to deliver the fun.

Nice pics Scott. So funny that there are kooks that say Winter ended long ago. At least there are a few people that know how to properly appreciate never-ending Winter.lol Is that first pic the Ice Fall under the Ganjola?

Yep, the waterfall there. Its a very flat landing but it was in perfect form.

And yes, I would expect winter to hang on here between 1,500ft and 4,000ft in northern Vermont a bit longer than it does in the coastal plain of SNE. haha.

The Fairness Doctrine demands that MRG start a Mid-Summer Appreciation Thread at the end of July or in early August. I have every expectation that this gentleman will comply.

I'd be down with a summer appreciation thread once mud season is over. Just getting started around here and depending on how the weather plays out, we ought to be done with the mud within four weeks time, if not sooner.

Get out the canoe, get out the motorcycle & plant the gahden.

Ganjola?

:pimp::ski:

Winter...lol

Winter has been over since the end of February here. This is deep interior SNE, it only gets worse as you head S and E to the population centers. Spring is arriving slowly but surely, this ice to rain event is just another sign that the warm air is sneaking closer and closer and the days get awfully long as the sun becomes more and more intense...

Anyone hanging on for "winter" at this point either lives in a very remote, mountainous location (which is awesome) or is a sick individual. Spring ice and snow is common for us in CNE, as well as NNE of course and winter weather will occur outside of season.

Happy Spring!

Winter...lol

Winter has been over since the end of February here. This is deep interior SNE, it only gets worse as you head S and E to the population centers. Spring is arriving slowly but surely, this ice to rain event is just another sign that the warm air is sneaking closer and closer and the days get awfully long as the sun becomes more and more intense...

Anyone hanging on for "winter" at this point either lives in a very remote, mountainous location (which is awesome) or is a sick individual. Spring ice and snow is common for us in CNE, as well as NNE of course and winter weather will occur outside of season.

Happy Spring!

The sickness is trying to be a season ahead of reality. There's still snow on the ground and the air and another month of good skiing/boarding. The nice thing about late winter/early spring is it's time to enjoy the season's accumulation in mild weather.. additional snow is just a bonus

The sickness is trying to be a season ahead of reality. There's still snow on the ground and the air and another month of good skiing/boarding. The nice thing about late winter/early spring is it's time to enjoy the season's accumulation in mild weather.. additional snow is just a bonus

Your point and click highs through next Tuesday in Bow. You can tack on 5 degrees or so for most of SNE. I do agree about enjoying the snow in the milder weather, however that is called Spring Skiing. A season ahead is called Summer, we're not quite there yet.

40 , 51, 56, 45, 43 ,45, 52

Your point and click highs through next Tuesday in Bow. You can tack on 5 degrees or so for most of SNE. I do agree about enjoying the snow in the milder weather, however that is called Spring Skiing. A season ahead is called Summer, we're not quite there yet.

40 , 51, 56, 45, 43 ,45, 52

I would call a day like today late winter/early spring...

Even the next few days are early spring-ish.

60s/70s signal full on spring for me. Will be here soon enough. Enjoy the mud in the meantime

Winter...lol

Happy Spring!

Ahhahahaaha! that's a good one.

Archived