Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumping.

Nice! Currently doing the same thing here. We had a similar squall around 3pm with 1.5"/hr rates.

Hey Scott, Awesome winter period. Skiing has been fantastic. I'lll be at MRG tues/wed, the only skiing I do is on the weekends with my 5yo at the B'east. Otherwise, just mid-week. I'd rather work Sat and ski Wednesday. Snowhoed up/ skied down Thunderbolt with a friend today, pretty phemonenal. We had scouted it in the fall and saw that it was being pruned and spruced up. That lack of any freeze thaw cycle whatsoever has gone a long way to creating such stellar conditions. Basically the worst surface you encounter is windslabbed snow, oh the horror. Easy to get spoiled. Glad to hear Stowe is having a strong year, I know MRG is doing well after a shakey start. Looking forward to several more months of skiing. I love the second half of the season because by then you're in top shape and some of the best snow of the year awaits. My friend has finally skied his way back to Alaska but is saying he's jealous of our snow, of all things. Some how I think he'll get the last laugh in June when he's still on the snow and we're on the tee.lol

That's awesome about the Thunderbolt... I've never done that trail but for Massachusetts the stats are pretty awesome with well over 2,000ft of vertical and a steep pitch the whole way. I've always wanted to ski that thing and if there's a year to do it, this is the year.

What you said about the lack of any freeze-thaw cycle is dead on... there's no crust/ice layer under all the powder so you never get those icy conditions, even with the top layer of snow gets skied off. Its just fresh powder on top of settled powder, haha. And yes, wind-slab is the worst of the conditions right now, oh the horror indeed. Everyone from Berkshire East to Jay Peak is in great shape heading into the second half of the season... and even if we finally get a thaw-freeze cycle (which looks like it'll happen Thurs/Fri), it won't be the end of the world because then we'll just be left with a bomber base for the big March snows to rest on.

Yep looks like the 60 s and epic meltdown cancel

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 17. West wind between 5 and 13 mph.

Sunday: A chance of snow, mainly between 11am and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Light wind becoming southwest between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow before 1am, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 1am and 4am, then a slight chance of rain and sleet after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: A slight chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind between 7 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind between 11 and 17 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny and blustery, with a high near 28.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 9.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 48.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Saturday: Partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 45.

Yup Steve, 2 days that hit 45 here at the end of the week...... maybe. Quite the Boogey Man. lol Meanwhile more snow in the forecast tomorrow.

I got a rotted piece of your super squall, got a call from my son in Stafford, he was wondering what the hell was going on, oops forgot to tell him about Windex.

I got a rotted piece of your super squall, got a call from my son in Stafford, he was wondering what the hell was going on, oops forgot to tell him about Windex.

It was quite good. Looks like we'll pick up a little more tomorrow. I'm beat.GN Big winter incoming, Big Big winter.

Yeah it was a total white out here..... sweet :) Only an inch, but it blew all around then with the temperature diving from near 32 to 24. I could pull another inch tomorrow with one of these clippers...we'll see. Monday's looks well north, but squall line behind it and a very cold day Tuesday.

I could see Tuesday as a more widespread Windex.

Archived